• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Was on a Team call with the Univ President and a couple of doctors from USF a couple of nights ago about Covid. A question was asked about the price tag of Covid on USF and could we see cuts.  That number was put at $31 million.  Some money from the Cares Act covered about $17 million. Another $17 million was earmarked for students (can't remember exactly what).  Dr C said that we could see cuts in the next few weeks.  Athletics was mentioned but no specifics.  It will be interesting to see if coaches salaries, Bulls Club employees or even entire sports programs get affected (or is it effected?).  Belt tightening is gonna have to happen.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Was on a Team call with the Univ President and a couple of doctors from USF a couple of nights ago about Covid. A question was asked about the price tag of Covid on USF and could we see cuts.  That number was put at $31 million.  Some money from the Cares Act covered about $17 million. Another $17 million was earmarked for students (can't remember exactly what).  Dr C said that we could see cuts in the next few weeks.  Athletics was mentioned but no specifics.  It will be interesting to see if coaches salaries, Bulls Club employees or even entire sports programs get affected (or is it effected?).  Belt tightening is gonna have to happen.

Thanks for the update my friend. This “fun” article puts USF in the category of “surviving.” Not exactly a ringing endorsement for athletic spending.

https://www.profgalloway.com/uss-university

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Thanks as always for the insight; I too always struggle grasping the difference between affected and effected no matter how many times I look it up and I always appreciate it when people point out that I picked the wrong one. Hopefully the impact is more nominal than we fear.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thanks for the update my friend. This “fun” article puts USF in the category of “surviving.” Not exactly a ringing endorsement for athletic spending.

https://www.profgalloway.com/uss-university

It’s better than a lot of businesses during this time, surviving doesn’t sound great but it’s better than the fate of many.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I too always struggle grasping the difference between affected and effected no matter how many times

Think 'a' for action/verb ....

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Think 'a' for action/verb ....

If I can’t remember that after 39 years of looking it up and being told I don’t have a lot of hope for it this time but I appreciate you trying where so many have failed before.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If I can’t remember that after 39 years of looking it up and being told I don’t have a lot of hope for it this time but I appreciate you trying where so many have failed before.

I figure your mind will consider the source this time and subliminally put a lot more effort into retaining it ...

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I figure your mind will consider the source this time and subliminally put a lot more effort into retaining it ...

I figure with your proclivity to correct grammar and spelling on the internet and my self identifying as someone that probably makes that mistake the most out of their errors that this has probably already not worked.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

You are giving him too much credit it is his drinking hour. This one is for @jchem1995 tonight for recovery and health.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I figure with your proclivity to correct grammar and spelling on the internet and my self identifying as someone that probably makes that mistake the most out of their errors that this has probably already not worked.

I thought you identified as a billionaire?

2 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

You are giving him too much credit it is his drinking hour. This one is for @jchem1995 tonight for recovery and health.

I thought you identified as a billionaire?

Idk sometimes I lose track of what I identify with at the moment and where I actually begin.