Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

Sign in to follow this  
CousinRicky

Next 3 weeks

Recommended Posts

Was on a Team call with the Univ President and a couple of doctors from USF a couple of nights ago about Covid. A question was asked about the price tag of Covid on USF and could we see cuts.  That number was put at $31 million.  Some money from the Cares Act covered about $17 million. Another $17 million was earmarked for students (can't remember exactly what).  Dr C said that we could see cuts in the next few weeks.  Athletics was mentioned but no specifics.  It will be interesting to see if coaches salaries, Bulls Club employees or even entire sports programs get affected (or is it effected?).  Belt tightening is gonna have to happen.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Was on a Team call with the Univ President and a couple of doctors from USF a couple of nights ago about Covid. A question was asked about the price tag of Covid on USF and could we see cuts.  That number was put at $31 million.  Some money from the Cares Act covered about $17 million. Another $17 million was earmarked for students (can't remember exactly what).  Dr C said that we could see cuts in the next few weeks.  Athletics was mentioned but no specifics.  It will be interesting to see if coaches salaries, Bulls Club employees or even entire sports programs get affected (or is it effected?).  Belt tightening is gonna have to happen.

Thanks for the update my friend. This “fun” article puts USF in the category of “surviving.” Not exactly a ringing endorsement for athletic spending.

https://www.profgalloway.com/uss-university
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Was on a Team call with the Univ President and a couple of doctors from USF a couple of nights ago about Covid. A question was asked about the price tag of Covid on USF and could we see cuts.  That number was put at $31 million.  Some money from the Cares Act covered about $17 million. Another $17 million was earmarked for students (can't remember exactly what).  Dr C said that we could see cuts in the next few weeks.  Athletics was mentioned but no specifics.  It will be interesting to see if coaches salaries, Bulls Club employees or even entire sports programs get affected (or is it effected?).  Belt tightening is gonna have to happen.

Thanks as always for the insight; I too always struggle grasping the difference between affected and effected no matter how many times I look it up and I always appreciate it when people point out that I picked the wrong one. Hopefully the impact is more nominal than we fear.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thanks for the update my friend. This “fun” article puts USF in the category of “surviving.” Not exactly a ringing endorsement for athletic spending.

https://www.profgalloway.com/uss-university
 

It’s better than a lot of businesses during this time, surviving doesn’t sound great but it’s better than the fate of many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I too always struggle grasping the difference between affected and effected no matter how many times

Think 'a' for action/verb ....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Think 'a' for action/verb ....

If I can’t remember that after 39 years of looking it up and being told I don’t have a lot of hope for it this time but I appreciate you trying where so many have failed before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If I can’t remember that after 39 years of looking it up and being told I don’t have a lot of hope for it this time but I appreciate you trying where so many have failed before.

I figure your mind will consider the source this time and subliminally put a lot more effort into retaining it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I figure your mind will consider the source this time and subliminally put a lot more effort into retaining it ...

I figure with your proclivity to correct grammar and spelling on the internet and my self identifying as someone that probably makes that mistake the most out of their errors that this has probably already not worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are giving him too much credit it is his drinking hour. This one is for @jchem1995 tonight for recovery and health.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I figure with your proclivity to correct grammar and spelling on the internet and my self identifying as someone that probably makes that mistake the most out of their errors that this has probably already not worked.

I thought you identified as a billionaire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

You are giving him too much credit it is his drinking hour. This one is for @jchem1995 tonight for recovery and health.

I thought you identified as a billionaire?

Idk sometimes I lose track of what I identify with at the moment and where I actually begin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...