Todd Orlando

NovaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

Here we go... Fire the DC this year and then the OC next year. It's deja vu all over again

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

Give the DC another year.  He is trying to make chicken salad out of chicken crap.  The defense has been awful despite an occasional glimpse of competence.  Logan Berryhill is a converted WR who beat out some transfers from P5.  Ward, a freshman DB, is growing into a reliable player.  Stokes is getting better.

Hit the transfer portal and close strong in recruiting.  If a defensive player is looking to compete for immediate playing time, USF is an attractive option.

And CAG must adjust the pace on offense until the defense raises its standard 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

13 minutes ago, COBBULL said:

Give the DC another year.  He is trying to make chicken salad out of chicken crap.  The defense has been awful despite an occasional glimpse of competence.  Logan Berryhill is a converted WR who beat out some transfers from P5.  Ward, a freshman DB, is growing into a reliable player.  Stokes is getting better.

Hit the transfer portal and close strong in recruiting.  If a defensive player is looking to compete for immediate playing time, USF is an attractive option.

His defense last year at FAU was ranked 64  .... I guess he forgot how to coach in a year.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

6 hours ago, belgianbull said:

It will be interesting to see what decision is made. Considering our schedule this defense is as bad or worse compared to last year.

I don't know what the decision should be, but it will be an important one for Golesh. Need the defense to be at least serviceable next year

I do wonder if our wins come from just a weaker schedule.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

22 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I do wonder if our wins come from just a weaker schedule.  

they do

45 minutes ago, COBBULL said:

agree with all of this

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,376
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, COBBULL said:

Agree...especially the pace vs a good defense.  Actually not only does defense need to raise standards so does offense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

His defense last year at FAU was ranked 64  .... I guess he forgot how to coach in a year.

This. 3 DCs and all with the same result. The common link is the players.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

30 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This. 3 DCs and all with the same result. The common link is the players.

And they're different every year.🤘 But I agree. We simply need to be better in some areas. For me it's #1-overall team speed and #1a - it's talent.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

I think the D-line and LB's improved over the year. Not enough, but better. MAYBE a DB showed some improvement, but not nearly enough. D-line still needs more strength and size. LB's as a group, I think, needs more discipline. And speed. DB's, see above ↑

GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

7 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And they're different every year.🤘 But I agree. We simply need to be better in some areas. For me it's #1-overall team speed and #1a - it's talent.

We do look slow for the most part. The coaches bring in the players so I suppose you blame the coaches for not bringing in the right guys. D line looks a whole lot better than last year. If the DBs can improve next year we can get better. 

Unrelated but interesting. I was watching a college MBB game yesterday (maybe St John v Dayton) and the commentator was saying how the coach of Dayton said he looked to bring in offensive talent figuring/hoping you can teach them team play and defense. Kind of reminded my of CJL who brought in talented guys and coached them up. Brian Gregory brought in guys that could play D (sort of) but it's hard to teach a kid to become a scorer.  

So bring in more talent and mold them.  Screw the ratings. Go hang out at the track team practices and steal a couple. I'm exaggerating but we need to find some more speed/talent. I guess we've done that with switching a WR to DB so it may take a year for him.