P5 Conference Champion transfer QB visiting campus this weekend

bulloni

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,755
  • Days Won:  6

I like the move alot.  Timmy didn't wow me last year, and his performance in the Spring Game was very underwhelming and uninspiring.  The coaching staff must have felt the same way.  I left the Spring Game concerned about the QB position.  I just don't think Timmy is "The Guy" at this time.  He has a long way to go.  IMO this move immediately puts us in contention for six wins.  I like it!

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  816
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

His passing stats last year are almost identical to Jarren Williams last year at UM but the difference is he's definitely more of a running threat. Hopefully he bucks the trend of most transfer qb's, especially here, and can flourish here but only time will tell ....

Jarren had a rep for being undisciplined during his time at Miami. I couldn't believe that he came into USF 30+ pounds over his playing weight. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

On 5/6/2022 at 12:56 PM, Sk00b said:

I saw Taisun Phommachanh is still out there as well. Surprised he isn't linked to us with the Clemson ties and players that have transferred. 

Prob is, they cant get his name on the back of a jersey

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

I like Timmy and think he can develop into a quality starter, but there is no way Bohannon doesn't win the job this season. We will see how tough and how much of a competitor Timmy is for us. He should have redshirted last season, but I think redshirting this year with an eye on better adjusting to the speed of the college game will be a tremendous help. The OOC schedule is brutal and having an established QB that scored 4 top 20 wins on a team that won the conference last season is an incredible get. CJS is definitely selling his vision and the potential for the progrum at USF and players are buying in, now they all have to deliver. I think it is now fair to expect this team to make a bowl game this year. 6-6 would still be an accomplishment, all things considered. 

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,755

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I like Timmy and think he can develop into a quality starter, but there is no way Bohannon doesn't win the job this season. We will see how tough and how much of a competitor Timmy is for us. He should have redshirted last season, but I think redshirting this year with an eye on better adjusting to the speed of the college game will be a tremendous help. The OOC schedule is brutal and having an established QB that scored 4 top 20 wins on a team that won the conference last season is an incredible get. CJS is definitely selling his vision and the potential for the progrum at USF and players are buying in, now they all have to deliver. I think it is now fair to expect this team to make a bowl game this year. 6-6 would still be an accomplishment, all things considered. 

The talent is there for this team to finish 6-6.  If this team wins under six games, it won't be because of lack of talent/depth.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Days Won:  3

Countdown until Timmy McClain enters the transfer portal…

edit: great pickup btw. All of the Baylor fans are stunned by this news. They really believe the guy could’ve balled in the SEC. Feels really good to have that kind of QB leading our team now!

Edited by zarnozdabull
  • Upvote 1

One more thought....this kid isn't a quitter. A lot of guys in the transfer portal are running away from competition, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Bohanon. He patiently waited until his redshirt Junior season to finally win the starting QB job at Baylor. He performed admirably, but the team decided to go with a rising redshirt sophomore who played well for Baylor when Bohanan went down with an injury. I hope he is able to share his experience and maturity with Timmy and our other QBs. 

13 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Countdown until Timmy McClain enters the transfer portal…

edit: great pickup btw. All of the Baylor fans are stunned by this news. They really believe the guy could’ve balled in the SEC. Feels really good to have that kind of QB leading our team now!

Timmy would lose a year wherever he decided to transfer this season. His stock isn't going to be incredibly high and there are still some QBs with no homes yet that would arguably be better pickups than Timmy. His best bet is to stay at USF this season and be prepared in the event his number gets called. Learn the new offense and take some time to make adjustments to his game that he wasn't able to make last season. 

18 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

The talent is there for this team to finish 6-6.  If this team wins under six games, it won't be because of lack of talent/depth.

I think the depth at certain positions is still an issue. Our DL and LB rooms are not overflowing with talent. Likewise, the OL is a position of concern. Of course having and experienced QB like Bohanon coming in should help the OL look better. Injuries could also derail the season, but 6-6 becomes a real possibility for this team, even if they go 1-3 OOC. 

• Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

Perfect world would have Timmy RS along with the two new Freshman.

Go BULLS !!!