• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breakdown of our NSD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,552
  • Days Won:  3

SBNation wrote an article about gray shirts, PWOs, and High-schoolers that signed with us.

I personally enjoyed the last paragraph where they talk about us recruiting some 5/4 * guys. I hope Jeff Scott can coach up these 2/3 * guys and get some of these splash signees like Leavitt used to pull.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

SBNation wrote an article about gray shirts, PWOs, and High-schoolers that signed with us.

I personally enjoyed the last paragraph where they talk about us recruiting some 5/4 * guys. I hope Jeff Scott can coach up these 2/3 * guys and get some of these splash signees like Leavitt used to pull.

I think in terms of 4/5 stars it’s going to most always be via the portal...not that there is anything wrong with that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think in terms of 4/5 stars it’s going to most always be via the portal...not that there is anything wrong with that. 

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

• Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

44 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

SBNation wrote an article about gray shirts,

Still looking for some kind of a clarification on this. My understanding of a grayshirt is that they sign but don't enroll full-time, not joining team, until the second semester. Hobbs said in his Tweet that he's not signing right now, which Williams said he's doing the same. This should move them to the class of 2022 ... ?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

There was an interview I heard right after early signing day with Jeff Scott and Mike Giglio going over all of the current challenges this year with Covid and allocation of scholarships.  They explained the difference between a red-shirt, a grey-shirt and a blue-shirt and how balancing the roster is now such a challenge.  It was very informative and I highly recommend listening to it, except I can’t find it.  If anyone can find the link, please post it.  I’d like to listen again.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

There was an interview I heard right after early signing day with Jeff Scott and Mike Giglio going over all of the current challenges this year with Covid and allocation of scholarships.  They explained the difference between a red-shirt, a grey-shirt and a blue-shirt and how balancing the roster is now such a challenge.  It was very informative and I highly recommend listening to it, except I can’t find it.  If anyone can find the link, please post it.  I’d like to listen again.

I think that's the same interview where CJS said they would probably only sign 10 scholarships next year. Of course that, I think, was on signing day. I think there are a few more openings now.

I guess we'll just have to wait til next year...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

32:20 mark .... and it was a very informative discussion. What it sounds like is it's really just pushing them to the 2022 class, but they'll enroll for the Spring semester, and hoping we keep them ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cjs will right the ship

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,552
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, smazza said: