Jump to content
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

    It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

  • Members do not see this ad, Register

12 players out of game


Recommended Posts


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  810
  • Reputation:   167
  • Days Won:  1
  • Joined:  01/06/2014

Do we know yet why they were out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

30 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

My guess its as a precaution related Covid symptoms, but we don't want to announce anything for fear of cancelling the Notre Dame game and losing that big payday which, per the contract, would also cancel the remaining two games of the series as well.

Because the names were released first this will also be a case of HIPPA laws...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,325
  • Content Count:  21,270
  • Reputation:   902
  • Days Won:  10
  • Joined:  01/02/2007

I think they had the HIPPA infection.   It is a Covid related side effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Reputation:   10,806
  • Days Won:  469
  • Joined:  05/19/2000

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

My guess its as a precaution related Covid symptoms, but we don't want to announce anything for fear of cancelling the Notre Dame game and losing that big payday which, per the contract, would also cancel the remaining two games of the series as well.

Is there a big payday?  I hadn't heard or read there was.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Is there a big payday?  I hadn't heard or read there was.  

According to the contract that Joey Knight got the answer is no. Each home team will pay the expenses for travel of the other in the series but that’s it. Consequently, this is more than likely a one game deal as there is no buyout. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Reputation:   6,138
  • Days Won:  255
  • Joined:  10/13/2002

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

According to the contract that Joey Knight got the answer is no. Each home team will pay the expenses for travel of the other in the series but that’s it. Consequently, this is more than likely a one game deal as there is no buyout. 

image.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

image.png

I stand corrected on my second statement...but I still think a one game is likely as $500,000 is almost as good as nothing to ND. Yes, they could come here and play for Florida recruiting but do they really need USF to do that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Reputation:   6,138
  • Days Won:  255
  • Joined:  10/13/2002

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I stand corrected on my second statement...but I still think a one game is likely as $500,000 is almost as good as nothing to ND. Yes, they could come here and play for Florida recruiting but do they really need USF to do that? 

Probably not still given the landscape of this year there were a lot worse options than taking a gamble on getting a home game with ND especially when the consolation prize is an all expense trip to ND and $500k to $1Mil.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Probably not still given the landscape of this year there were a lot worse options than taking a gamble on getting a home game with ND especially when the consolation prize is an all expense trip to ND and $500k to $1Mil.  

They will drop us and play one of their regular rivals by the time of the Tampa trip...see MSU, Purdue, Navy, etc. And if it’s a home game for them it will be worth much more than $500k.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,005
  • Reputation:   4,528
  • Days Won:  38
  • Joined:  09/14/2007

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They will drop us and play one of their regular rivals by the time of the Tampa trip...see MSU, Purdue, Navy, etc. And if it’s a home game for them it will be worth much more than $500k.

You think?  They get good showings for bowl games in Orlando and such, so I would think there's benefit for dominating a team in the face in FL for recruiting for a national brand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.  Registration is free and reduces ads.