USF records that could fall in the bowl game

TakeItOrLeavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Do you think any of the conservative play calling can be attributed to protecting the #1 player in USF football history so he can be turned loose when it mattered? 

The way QF plays it may have been high risk, low reward to let him rip every game for 11 weeks.  You are still under the grand illusion that if we win every game We would make the college playoff.  UCF did by a wide margin and can't get a sniff of the playoff.  

Tell me you're smarter than that and understand more about the game, please.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

No. I've stated before it's about making noise and forcing a discussion, not getting into the game.

I'm done with discussing this with you.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,375
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Do you think any of the conservative play calling can be attributed to protecting the #1 player in USF football history so he can be turned loose when it mattered? 

The way QF plays it may have been high risk, low reward to let him rip every game for 11 weeks.  You are still under the grand illusion that if we win every game We would make the college playoff.  UCF did by a wide margin and can't get a sniff of the playoff.  

Very possible so my rope a dope theory all season till UCF might have been correct ha.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Clearly the staff knew what they had and protected him without sacrificing victories.  Houston came to play and so did UCF.  

Q can cut loose in the bowl game.  No reason to save him.

You'll like what you in the bowl game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,143
  • Days Won:  109

On 11/26/2017 at 6:55 PM, Bausfkid said:

Clearly the staff knew what they had and protected him without sacrificing victories.  Houston came to play and so did UCF.  

Q can cut loose in the bowl game.  No reason to save him.

You'll like what you in the bowl game.

Am I the only one wondering if Q is looking out for Q and the next level, NFL or CFL, and it wasn't all on the coaching staff?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Am I the only one wondering if Q is looking out for Q and the next level, NFL or CFL, and it wasn't all on the coaching staff?

Remember last year was the first time some players decided not to play in the bowl game. Well...........

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

After a home game earlier this season I heard a fan ask Q when they were going to open up the offense and let him play and he shrugged his shoulders and said "I just work here." So that along with his competitive nature lend me to believe that isnt the case.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,800
  • Days Won:  213

couple of things this thread got me thinking about:

1) how amazing is it that Flowers can break both the Rushing and passing yardage records?

2) Couldn't believe that Marquel Blackwell still holds the TD passing record.

3) As far as putting a lot of offense up this season with only 11 games-- by comparison, I would imagine that the 2002 schedule was much stronger than this years. That is more of a knock on the current conference and our less than stellar OOC opponents.

4) Reminded me how much we missed having Rodney Adams on this years team-- also Marlon Mack for that matter. Not a knock on the current guys but more respect of how great those guys were for USF.

last point-- not related so much to this thread-- if it were up to me, I would hope that USF got to go to the Hawaii Bowl instead of whatever. Yeah-- not as marquee of a match up-- but just let these guys have a cool vacation. Sure-- the Bulls fans would be hard pressed to make it but how about one for the players?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

You should be but I'm sure there are a few more ....

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,302
  • Days Won:  12

56 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

After a home game earlier this season I heard a fan ask Q when they were going to open up the offense and let him play and he shrugged his shoulders and said "I just work here." So that along with his competitive nature lend me to believe that isnt the case.

I talked to some of his family members after the Houston game and they said he was told not to run as much. He was also told to slide to avoid contact when he did have to run. We saw the real QF against ucf.