• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timing of the Strategic Plan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I find the timing of the release of the strat plan awful.  With the Big 12 in the midst of serious expansion talks, why in the world would we release this information "that we are behind several other expansion candidates in a number of important areas"?  I typically don't think things happen by accident or without thought.  I have not heard of or seen other candidates putting out anything but positive/untrue spin about their programs; however, Harlan just lays it out that we are behind our conference mates in several areas.  While I want to know the truth about my university's health, the timing and/or spin could have been better given the current environment.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Because they know expansion is not going to happen until 2024?

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

It is my humble opinion that we were informed that we do not yet meet the standard required. So this was released as a way for the administration to point towards specifics as to why we did not meet standards. It is also a way for them to state that they know the standard and were in fact addressing those short comings to avert any backlash.

Face it, the media is not our friend. They continuously tout our previous 3 bad years and gloss over our last years efforts while completely omitting UCF's epic failure last year. I've stated this before, we need media support and we do not have it. For all the faults and BS that goes on at that school to the east, they still get media support. They (The Media) speak about our facilities a lot. They're continually harping on our lack of an OCS meanwhile, people forget about the improvements that have been made to our facilities across the board. Our athletic record in MBB and Football are continuously talked down but none mention that we were the best program in the American last year and second this year. Why is this considered common knowledge? The media spits this crap out and we have no one on our side refuting it. A lot is made about our poor attendance recently but none of the mentioned candidates have ever reached our attendance records or averages when we were winning with the exception of Memphis and Temple for a couple games. The misinformation and lack of positive spin about USF is mind numbing.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,811
  • Days Won:  22

Expansion will not happen until the GOR rights in Big12 expire as someone said 2024. We are way behind in donors and fan support, this is a wake up call from Harlan to go all in or we won't be in position when the next moves happen.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

isn't this thing presented every year at this time of the year?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

isn't this thing presented every year at this time of the year?

I'm not sure. I tried to look it up, but Google blocks all USF searches and the local media spreads lies.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Azmodi said:

It is my humble opinion that we were informed that we do not yet meet the standard required. So this was released as a way for the administration to point towards specifics as to why we did not meet standards. It is also a way for them to state that they know the standard and were in fact addressing those short comings to avert any backlash.

And I agree with your opinion. At a Hardwood Club State of the Union address he told us "we are not in the top 2" (re: candidates for the Big 12).  People will blame Woolard and now, possibly, Harlan and Genshaft for not getting us into a better conference.  People, salesmen, can only do so much.  The other conferences are going to look at the data (TV markets, ticket sales, donations, etc) and make their decisions on those things.  It isn't a matter of who makes the most calls or even who has the best contacts. Sure, having Selmon around wouldn't hurt, but he couldn't get us into the Big 12 unless the numbers were different. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Face it, the media is not our friend. They continuously tout our previous 3 bad years and gloss over our last years efforts while completely omitting UCF's epic failure last year. I've stated this before, we need media support and we do not have it. For all the faults and BS that goes on at that school to the east, they still get media support. They (The Media) speak about our facilities a lot. They're continually harping on our lack of an OCS meanwhile, people forget about the improvements that have been made to our facilities across the board. Our athletic record in MBB and Football are continuously talked down but none mention that we were the best program in the American last year and second this year. Why is this considered common knowledge? The media spits this crap out and we have no one on our side refuting it. A lot is made about our poor attendance recently but none of the mentioned candidates have ever reached our attendance records or averages when we were winning with the exception of Memphis and Temple for a couple games. The misinformation and lack of positive spin about USF is mind numbing.

I wonder why this was downvoted?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,324
  • Days Won:  43

We are not getting in the P5. There will be no OCS. We are doomed. Game over, man! Game over!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, Bear said:

I wonder why this was downvoted?

Probably because this is the same guy who was ******** about Klystron 9 being mean to USF a few months ago.