• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timing of the Strategic Plan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

One very good season can cure a lot.  We gotta start hot and make a splash.  A lot of our conference mates have attendance problems too.  Some teams that are hot commodities right now might be stumbling this season while we will be on the rise.  Have faith.  Im still predicting 2018 will be the year big12 makes some changes which could open things up for us.  One realistic goal our athletic dept needs to reach is be included on the acceptable list of g5 schools that qualify for a p5 shcedule requirement some conferences have now.  This shouldnt be a hard sale because of our strong academic performance, consistent recruiting rankings, and historical successes against p5 competition.  This will be a failure if we can't at least accomplish this.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Because they know expansion is not going to happen until 2024?

It's happening this summer. It will not be the last round though. So your president is making a good move to show commitment once we hit into when the majority of the GORs start to run out.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

This summer, LOL

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, TigerJay said:

It's happening this summer. It will not be the last round though. So your president is making a good move to show commitment once we hit into when the majority of the GORs start to run out.

Nope. 

Love,

Texas

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nope. 

Love,

Texas

Texas doesn't want to expand but they will because of ramifications if they don't. 100% true Texas doesn't want to expand but they recognize at the same time that there are some things (not telling) in their best interest that need expansion to happen

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Have you already picked out your new name and personality for when Memphis gets it hard, no lube this summer but you still want to keep coming around here?

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Have you already picked out your new name and personality for when Memphis gets it hard, no lube this summer but you still want to keep coming around here?

Nope I will face the reality but doubt it will come to that. I like to share what I know or have heard. I posted here somewhere that the Big 12 is likely going to 14 anyway. Cincy and Memphis have the 11 and 12 spot in their favor. USF is in the pool for 13 and 14 that consist of Houston, UConn, BYU, Boise State, and UCF. I would like BYU and a Florida school

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

14 minutes ago, TigerJay said:

Texas doesn't want to expand but they will because of ramifications if they don't. 100% true Texas doesn't want to expand but they recognize at the same time that there are some things (not telling) in their best interest that need expansion to happen

Please the Big12 depends on Texas without them there is no Big12. Expansion only makes sense to create a Big12 network something that is not happening as long as the LHN is around.

i know all of our schools want that P5 invite but is not happening until GOR runs out in Big12

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Do  you really think the powers that be at expansion don't already know the info we put out? This is all about us setting our sights on what we need to do to improve our institutions athletics regardless of realignment. This year we will see improvement in our fanbase, economy is better, football is better things ARE looking up. If we get invited to the B12 great, if not we will still be okay for the years that come and the fat lady hasn't sung. This is not the last round of musical chairs. Focus on what can be done, get anyone and everyone in Tampa Talking about USF, wearing USF, showing USF. That's all that matters now.  If you work for a big company maybe send a suggestion to HR about supporting usf. If you want to get ready for tailgating shop at the USF store, buy the USF license plate etc. Best of all make sure to buy some USF tickets and then some more for friends or resale. Even if it is just for a game or two. Every bit helps. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Please the Big12 depends on Texas without them there is no Big12. Expansion only makes sense to create a Big12 network something that is not happening as long as the LHN is around.

i know all of our schools want that P5 invite but is not happening until GOR runs out in Big12

I respect your opinion. On a brighter note, I look forward to playing your football squad this year. Should be a fun game in Memphis.