• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timing of the Strategic Plan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, TigerJay said:

I respect your opinion. On a brighter note, I look forward to playing your football squad this year. Should be a fun game in Memphis.

Agree it will be a good game.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Azmodi said:

It is my humble opinion that we were informed that we do not yet meet the standard required. So this was released as a way for the administration to point towards specifics as to why we did not meet standards. It is also a way for them to state that they know the standard and were in fact addressing those short comings to avert any backlash.

Face it, the media is not our friend. They continuously tout our previous 3 bad years and gloss over our last years efforts while completely omitting UCF's epic failure last year. I've stated this before, we need media support and we do not have it. For all the faults and BS that goes on at that school to the east, they still get media support. They (The Media) speak about our facilities a lot. They're continually harping on our lack of an OCS meanwhile, people forget about the improvements that have been made to our facilities across the board. Our athletic record in MBB and Football are continuously talked down but none mention that we were the best program in the American last year and second this year. Why is this considered common knowledge? The media spits this crap out and we have no one on our side refuting it. A lot is made about our poor attendance recently but none of the mentioned candidates have ever reached our attendance records or averages when we were winning with the exception of Memphis and Temple for a couple games. The misinformation and lack of positive spin about USF is mind numbing.

This..it drives me insane that nobody calls UCF on their bs when they spin a sutuation or outright lie...I just shake me head and laugh...because they kick and scream and spin as much as possible doesnt make it true...our own beat writer today as a matter a fact reported on a UCF booster event in Tampa ...he highlighted some of their bs and said nothing!   He quoted Scott stating 23k at their spring game...well Joey, there wasn't 23k at their spring game there were far less at the spring game...that's not even the point though....why the HELL!!! Is he even reporting on anything UCF related...as USF's beat writer, why is he writing this? I could care less what Frost thinks about satelitte camps...his opionion on that topic has NOTHING to do with USF...

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

It's like when college coaches say "I'm not going anywhere." Then a week later they are head coach at a new school. It's theater. I doubt it means anything at all regarding expansion. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

9 hours ago, Azmodi said:

It is my humble opinion that we were informed that we do not yet meet the standard required. So this was released as a way for the administration to point towards specifics as to why we did not meet standards. It is also a way for them to state that they know the standard and were in fact addressing those short comings to avert any backlash.

Face it, the media is not our friend. They continuously tout our previous 3 bad years and gloss over our last years efforts while completely omitting UCF's epic failure last year. I've stated this before, we need media support and we do not have it. For all the faults and BS that goes on at that school to the east, they still get media support. They (The Media) speak about our facilities a lot. They're continually harping on our lack of an OCS meanwhile, people forget about the improvements that have been made to our facilities across the board. Our athletic record in MBB and Football are continuously talked down but none mention that we were the best program in the American last year and second this year. Why is this considered common knowledge? The media spits this crap out and we have no one on our side refuting it. A lot is made about our poor attendance recently but none of the mentioned candidates have ever reached our attendance records or averages when we were winning with the exception of Memphis and Temple for a couple games. The misinformation and lack of positive spin about USF is mind numbing.

This.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

18 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

I find the timing of the release of the strat plan awful.  With the Big 12 in the midst of serious expansion talks, why in the world would we release this information "that we are behind several other expansion candidates in a number of important areas"?  I typically don't think things happen by accident or without thought.  I have not heard of or seen other candidates putting out anything but positive/untrue spin about their programs; however, Harlan just lays it out that we are behind our conference mates in several areas.  While I want to know the truth about my university's health, the timing and/or spin could have been better given the current environment.  

Why the hell didn't you post this on the Rumors thread?? You know we're shooting for 1000 pages right?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, TigerJay said:

Texas doesn't want to expand but they will because of ramifications if they don't. 100% true Texas doesn't want to expand but they recognize at the same time that there are some things (not telling) in their best interest that need expansion to happen

They also recognize some things (I'm not tellin either) that make it a poor decision that's not in their best interests at the moment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:47 AM, ArmyBull said:

While I want to know the truth about my university's health, the timing and/or spin could have been better given the current environment.  

Here's my take on that... The decision makers will make those decisions based on facts rather than spin. I like putting an honest plan out there rather than some fluff. If Harlan is getting a lot of emails from fans about realignment, this kind of puts it out there for everyone to see.

Just speaking from the business world, I lose a lot of respect for companies or vendors coming in to do a pitch and it is filled with spin. The ones that end up winning are the ones that identify the challenges and show you that they have a plan to attack them. Spin feels kind of like a waste of time. I am sure the B12 would do plenty of due diligence before signing us up anyway.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Here's my take on that... The decision makers will make those decisions based on facts rather than spin. I like putting an honest plan out there rather than some fluff. If Harlan is getting a lot of emails from fans about realignment, this kind of puts it out there for everyone to see.

Just speaking from the business world, I lose a lot of respect for companies or vendors coming in to do a pitch and it is filled with spin. The ones that end up winning are the ones that identify the challenges and show you that they have a plan to attack them. Spin feels kind of like a waste of time. I am sure the B12 would do plenty of due diligence before signing us up anyway.

I've been told that they monitor Twitter closely. :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

16 hours ago, Azmodi said:

I've been told that they monitor Twitter closely. :roflmao:

Tuxedo?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Tuxedo?

Yes and theDudeofWVA and MHver. These three are the nitwits guide to realignment. I hear the Big 12 monitor their posts closely. They may actually be the Big 12's brain trust.. :FIREdevil: