No longer, "potential" ... Trickett expected as new USF OC (per 247)

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,587
  • Days Won:  13

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He earned 3 more years for what results exactly? Convince me he deserves it with his on field performance.

You do realize that coaching is not 100% about on field performance right?   If all you care about is wins and losses, then you can just move along because you will never be satisfied.

You and I have no idea what objectives the VP of Athletics has set for Scott as a coach... you assume it's 100% about wins, and I would say that is false.  The program needed to be rebuilt from the ground up... think 1995 not 2015.

Whether you or I think he deserved the extension is completely irrelevant.  Kelly thought he did, and that is all that matters.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

Coaches with terrible records don't last anywhere. He needs to turn the product on the field around immediately.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

32 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He earned 3 more years for what results exactly? Convince me he deserves it with his on field performance.

Try looking at it this way. Let's say MK fired CJS after this last season. A) The mass exodus of players would be massive. B) Asst coaches heading for the exits and, some we like. C) Who you going to hire? Who can you afford that could really turn this thing around? D) Now you start from square 1 Again!  The given is, CJS inherited a "****-show" from CS. Tanked-Bottomed Out would be our status. We won't know until next season whether or not we some hope of winning some games. The possible "positivity" may begin once we see what takes the field. If it's more of the same??? At some point negativity has to calm and a let's see attitude needs to take over. That's the 2 choices as I see it. Yes, there is a 3rd choice but then, who wants to be a quitter. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,146
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Try looking at it this way. Let's say MK fired CJS after this last season. A) The mass exodus of players would be massive. B) Asst coaches heading for the exits and, some we like. C) Who you going to hire? Who can you afford that could really turn this thing around? D) Now you start from square 1 Again!  The given is, CJS inherited a "****-show" from CS. Tanked-Bottomed Out would be our status. We won't know until next season whether or not we some hope of winning some games. The possible "positivity" may begin once we see what takes the field. If it's more of the same??? At some point negativity has to calm and a let's see attitude needs to take over. That's the 2 choices as I see it. Yes, there is a 3rd choice but then, who wants to be a quitter. 

Don't engage. It will never go away.

• Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,587
  • Days Won:  13

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Coaches with terrible records don't last anywhere. He needs to turn the product on the field around immediately.

This is the problem with college football fans globally.  Turnarounds take time everywhere.  There are very few exceptions.  Coaches should be judged on year four not year two.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,236
  • Days Won:  68

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

Is there a 4th choice?  I agree there is 8 mos until fall camp and what is done is done.  We can talk about the record of 3-18, extension etc.. but that topic is already tired.  I hope he becomes a successful coach, hope is not much of a strategy but it is pretty much all we got. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't engage. It will never go away.

Ha! But I have broad shoulders so i can carry the load. Actually, I dont slam or correct folks on here but sometimes I just try to inject some of my thoughts as a "maybe" "possibly". I doubt any of us are overwhelmingly tickled with the state of affairs w/ USF football but, it appears they are trying so...for me, it's my school and team so I get ticked, fed-up, disgusted and all but, I'm still hanging in. Some folks cant shake the negativity, hate it for them. 

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Is there a 4th choice?  I agree there is 8 mos until fall camp and what is done is done.  We can talk about the record of 3-18, extension etc.. but that topic is already tired.  I hope he becomes a successful coach, hope is not much of a strategy but it is pretty much all we got. 

A 4th choice? Yes, but then who wants to commit suicide over a game?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,146
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Ha! But I have broad shoulders so i can carry the load. Actually, I dont slam or correct folks on here but sometimes I just try to inject some of my thoughts as a "maybe" "possibly". I doubt any of us are overwhelmingly tickled with the state of affairs w/ USF football but, it appears they are trying so...for me, it's my school and team so I get ticked, fed-up, disgusted and all but, I'm still hanging in. Some folks cant shake the negativity, hate it for them. 

Not questioning your ability to carry the load. Just tired of hearing his schtick. It is like the Great and Powerful Puc has come back. Totally agree with you about the teams. I'm calling to renew football today. Swore I wouldn't do it while we were in the season. The portal kids at least give me some hope. MBB I don't see renewing next year. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,236
  • Days Won:  68

8 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

A 4th choice? Yes, but then who wants to commit suicide over a game?

I love myself too much to do that so I agree with your choices.  Was hoping we could watch hoops to shorten the offseason however that has not materialized as is no longer an option.