USF in the polls - Week 3

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Scoring margins. We aren't just beating those teams, we are beating them as we should and as a Top 25 team would. Plus, as someone else mentioned, we are like the 6th highest scoring team in the country? If we beat teams by a FG or even just by a TD, I would then agree that we've not proven anything. We have won our easier games and haven't lost many over the past 14 games or so. This team passes the eye test. I'll eat my words if we can't move the ball more than 10 yards vs FSU and have the score run up on us. I think we are better than we as fans are comfortable allowing ourselves to accept yet.

I'm not saying we're not a top 25 team. I'm just saying anyone who thinks we're an obvious top 25 team getting the shaft is a bit biased.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm not saying we're not a top 25 team. I'm just saying anyone who thinks we're an obvious top 25 team getting the shaft is a bit biased.

It would have been obvious to the voters, IF we had won our bowl game. Then we would have been given the benefit of the doubt, in the early polls.

It should be obvious to the voters, IF we beat FSU on national TV.

So, I agree with your point.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,777
  • Days Won:  7

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Oh we definitely aren't getting the shaft. If we win, it'll definitely happen. We just aren't there yet by 1 or 2 more wins without a loss, but we deserve to be EXTREMELY close based on OUR game play so far and where we finished last season (if only we had beat WKU..missed opportunity)..I agree with you.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  446
  • Days Won:  0

If we don't beat FSU we may not be ranked this year. Our schedule is very soft as of now. Everyone we play is ranked below 50, navy is ranked a bit above 50 in one poll but in the 70's in another poll.

This may be a season we can go 11 - 1 and never see the top 25 since we play nobody, as of now. It could go down to playing houston in the championship to get ranked.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, JJZbulls said:

If we don't beat FSU we may not be ranked this year. Our schedule is very soft as of now. Everyone we play is ranked below 50, navy is ranked a bit above 50 in one poll but in the 70's in another poll.

This may be a season we can go 11 - 1 and never see the top 25 since we play nobody, as of now. It could go down to playing houston in the championship to get ranked.

I can't tell if you're trolling.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,255
  • Days Won:  29

A ranked BULLS team will bring in more casual fans.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

20 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

It would have been obvious to the voters, IF we had won our bowl game. Then we would have been given the benefit of the doubt, in the early polls.

It should be obvious to the voters, IF we beat FSU on national TV.

So, I agree with your point.

Unfortunately, bowl games are the jumping off point for the polls the next season. Or maybe not unfortunately. It really doesn't matter at this point in the season. If we had beaten WKU, someone else would be ******** that USF is in the top 25 just because they won their bowl game. If we're 6-0 and not in the top 25, commence ******** and I'll happily join in.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,777
  • Days Won:  7

24 minutes ago, JJZbulls said:

21 minutes ago, CPR said:

I can't tell if you're trolling.

I agree with JJZ...losing to the only really good team we play this season can set us back..beating FSU can jump a team several spots in the Top 50...beating UCF doesn't even really budge us. If we get run out of Ray Jay, we fall into the mid-40s and have to spend the remaining 8 games clawing back up with wins over mediocre teams. If we finished out the season on an 8 game win streak and win the conference vs a ranked Houston team, going 9 straight will finally get us into the Top 25 for our bowl game...without beating FSU, we will still have a chance at a great record, but it's a real set back for those interested in making it into the Top 25 anytime soon. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I have no clue why people are whining about Miami, Florida, (both undefeated) and San Diego State (13 straight wins, and have their 'P5' win), when you have Ole Miss ranked, who lost 45-38 to a clearly overrated FSU team, lost to Bama, and beat mighty Wofford 38-13. THEY HAVENT BEAT A FRIGGIN FBS TEAM 3 WEEKS IN.

I also have a huge problem with Oklahoma being ranked, when neither of their losses have even been close!! Their one win was vs Louisiana Monroe. Give me a frickin break. That is the kind of garbage that makes me want to not watch college ball anymore.

It isn't about being biased for USF, but there are other teams that are more deserving as well

If you read these posts, some have already said Okie & Ole Miss don't warrant inclusion, at 1-2.

As to others you cite, yeah, none of it matters, except its' pole position (i.e. fewer teams to pass if they keep running the table).  If those questionable teams lose, they'll drop like rocks.  I actually think UF's D is impressive.  Losing Del Rio could be an issue.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

My gawd, folks, calm down.

The RPI of our first three opponents stands at 161, 104, and 94

We have proven NOTHING, and we should not be ranked.

Even beating FSU doesn't mean that much unless FSU pulls their collective heads out of their butts and finishes strong.

Our next three opponents are 8, 70, and 66

Like JTrue says, start complaining if we hit 6-0 and are still unranked