• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Big 12 should look to UCF, USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Found this interesting read....thought it was satire at first but author is probably serious... thoughts? opinions?

http://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1081492

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

the travel costs would be a killer but it would be fun

what a boon to ftu/ou/oc

• Content Count:  1,261

I like the idea and would welcome that move.  However, no way the Big 12 comes to Florida.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Ha, ha, ha

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I like the idea and would welcome that move.  However, no way the Big 12 comes to Florida.

How about the Big 10 coming to Florida?

• Content Count:  771

How about the Big 10 coming to Florida?

The only florida school that would get invited to the big 10 would be florida.  They are not going to leave the sec.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Many said a long time ago that the Big East would never expand to Florida...or heaven forbid, Wisconsin or Illinois.

Expansion is happening for one reason and one reason only: TV $$$$$$$.

Big Ten is trying to lock up the Northeast (with Penn St, Rutgers, Cuse, maybe Pitt) and add Missouri (St Louis and KC Markets), along with a "national" program like Nebraska.

No clue what the will eventually happen...but virtually anything is possible...as conf are looking at "what will be a school's/market value in say 10, 20, 30 or 50 years?"

Being located in Top 20 TV Markets like Tampa and Orlando will no doubt play a major role in future conf alignments for both schools.

Plus, having 2 of the largest Universities in the Nation (USF is 9th in enrollment, UCF is 3rd), you are talking about adding 100,000 plus alumni each decade...as a huge majority of both schools fans are relatively "young" (i.e. compared to much older institutions).

• Content Count:  2,923

"Here's a quick history lesson when it comes to UCF and USF. Frankly, it was a coin-flip when the BIG EAST made their contingency plans in 2003 and USF got the call.

If you believe certain sources, UCF was originally "in" when the BIG EAST thought they were losing Miami, Boston College and Syracuse. Virginia Tech was an ally of UCF at the time. But when the dynamics shifted - Virginia Tech was leaving and Syracuse staying - USF inched ahead for a couple key reasons. One, they had a more suitable basketball arena (this was several years before the new 10,000-seat UCF Arena opened) and two, were already competing at a higher level in men's basketball (Conference USA vs. Atlantic Sun)."

HHMMM, really?  This is obviously an opinionated article based on very few facts or insight, this is no different than the many threads on this board or any other board concerning expansion.

• Content Count:  3,307

HAHAHAHAHA no. The two of us may end up joined at the hip but not in that league.

• Content Count:  5,241

I need to start my own football site and just pull stuff out of nowhere, because thats exactly what this is.

Archived