• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Big 12 should look to UCF, USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Im up in Georgia for a couple of days and was talking to family...1 UGA grad...1 Auburn grad..they both would love to see USF in the SEC if they expand and think USF will eventually be the state power.....nice to hear

the state power?  dont get wrapped up in that.

c'mon..Ive been around the game long enough to know better.......just nice to hear opinions of fans from other places in the country...more of a post to mention what a couple SEC fans think

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

Have any of you been around long enough to remember Florida "never" having won an SEC championship or the talk of shutting down FSU's football program. In the scope of things FSU and Florida are relatively new on the college football scene. When I was in high school, back in the sixties, all the good football players where recruited to schools like Notre Dame, Alabama, Michigan etc... Florida schools were like second tier schools. Why did things change? - size and location. What does USF and UCF have? size and location. Who would have thought USF would be where they are in just a short period of time.  USF and UCF should tie their fortunes together - no telling where that would take them.

• Content Count:  771

Have any of you been around long enough to remember Florida "never" having won an SEC championship or the talk of shutting down FSU's football program. In the scope of things FSU and Florida are relatively new on the college football scene. When I was in high school, back in the sixties, all the good football players where recruited to schools like Notre Dame, Alabama, Michigan etc... Florida schools were like second tier schools. Why did things change? - size and location. What does USF and UCF have? size and location. Who would have thought USF would be where they are in just a short period of time.  USF and UCF should tie their fortunes together - no telling where that would take them.

I agree they should be like texas and texas a&m.  I think both the schools could feed off each other.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

I agree they should be like texas and texas a&m.  I think both the schools could feed off each other.

Total absurdity .... UT and A&M are the top two colleges, traditionally, in Texas. Tying us to UCF would be like Texas Tech tying themselves to Houston. we don't need to be tying ourselves to anybody .... but if you must talk about tying us to someone, talk about UM ... I think that's kind of silly, too, at this point in our development, but at least it's a better neighborhood.

• Content Count:  771

Total absurdity .... UT and A&M are the top two colleges, traditionally, in Texas. Tying us to UCF would be like Texas Tech tying themselves to Houston. we don't need to be tying ourselves to anybody .... but if you must talk about tying us to someone, talk about UM ... I think that's kind of silly, too, at this point in our development, but at least it's a better neighborhood.

I wasn't comparing the usf and ucf programs to texas and texas a&m

• Content Count:  639

Who knows where USF and UCF end up but being forced to play in the same conference would be great despite the opinion here that is against it for the most part. USF and UCF are very different in ways but also very similar in how the Universities have grown. Regional Rivalries are what make college football great, the potential of having the WHOLE I4 corridor excited about UCF, USF would be fun. I think big public institutions will have the advantage in the future landscape of college football so who knows how the landscape looks in the State of Florida in 10 years. Miami is private with not as many big donors like USC in LA and FSU is geographically isolated where recruits drive by either USF/UCF and UF on their way to visit.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

No one gives a rat's ass about each other's academic progress when they're meeting up to play sports. Otherwise Duke football would be a hot commodity and the Ivy League would be in the BCS.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

Who knows where USF and UCF end up but being forced to play in the same conference would be great despite the opinion here that is against it for the most part. USF and UCF are very different in ways but also very similar in how the Universities have grown. Regional Rivalries are what make college football great, the potential of having the WHOLE I4 corridor excited about UCF, USF would be fun. I think big public institutions will have the advantage in the future landscape of college football so who knows how the landscape looks in the State of Florida in 10 years. Miami is private with not as many big donors like USC in LA and FSU is geographically isolated where recruits drive by either USF/UCF and UF on their way to visit.

If they do end up in the same conference, it will turn into a great rivalry BUT ... and no offense, 813 ... there's no way USF should, preemptively, tie their fortunes together with UCF. It boggles the mind that some don't realize USF has very little, if anything, to gain by UCF being on the same level we are ... and the same can be said for UM in regards to us.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

if usf's only way to remain in bcs conference is to partner up with ftu/ou/oc

do it

we should have never dropped them from schedule

i dont think holtz will fear them or oleary. dropping them was embarassing to usf

• Content Count:  5,241

if usf's only way to remain in bcs conference is to partner up with ftu/ou/oc

do it

we should have never dropped them from schedule

i dont think holtz will fear them or oleary. dropping them was embarassing to usf

Well here in Tampa, there was nothing embarrassing about beating a team 4 times and then looking for tougher competition.

Archived