• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 12 should look to UCF, USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

if usf's only way to remain in bcs conference is to partner up with ftu/ou/oc

do it

we should have never dropped them from schedule

i dont think holtz will fear them or oleary. dropping them was embarassing to usf

Well here in Tampa, there was nothing embarrassing about beating a team 4 times and then looking for tougher competition.

Most rational people can fully comprehend that ...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

You beat a team 4 times. Where's the fear? It's like rutgers having fear of us. Why?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

Who knows where USF and UCF end up but being forced to play in the same conference would be great despite the opinion here that is against it for the most part. USF and UCF are very different in ways but also very similar in how the Universities have grown. Regional Rivalries are what make college football great, the potential of having the WHOLE I4 corridor excited about UCF, USF would be fun. I think big public institutions will have the advantage in the future landscape of college football so who knows how the landscape looks in the State of Florida in 10 years. Miami is private with not as many big donors like USC in LA and FSU is geographically isolated where recruits drive by either USF/UCF and UF on their way to visit.

Mortgaging your future for ONE game a year is an absolutely ridiculous idea. You don't make decisions that will affect 10-14 Universities for decades because two schools are close together or because people will be interested when only those two play football. It should speak volumes that the poorest BCS conference has had only 1 team in Florida their entire history; a clear indication that travel partners are not necessary. "The whole I-4 corridor will be interested." Cool, then what happens the week after?

Any combination of the possible Big East leftovers (USF, WVU, Louisville, Cincy) is a wiser business decision than taking UCF and USF together.

Archived