• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What if Mark Mangino gets fired by KU does.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

What if Mark Mangino gets fired by KU? Does Jim Leavitt bring him onto his staff? Leavitt has a tradition of picking up former co-workers and hiring them to the coaching staff.  Leavitt would certainly trust all his play calling decisions on offense. Neither are media friendly types when things go bad. Would be a nice mix for both of them.

I am just saying.... :stirpot

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4664164

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,043
  • Days Won:  11

What if Mark Mangino gets fired by KU? Does Jim Leavitt bring him onto his staff? Leavitt has a tradition of picking up former co-workers and hiring them to the coaching staff.  Leavitt would certainly trust all his play calling decisions on offense. Neither are media friendly types when things go bad. Would be a nice mix for both of them.

I am just saying.... :stirpot

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4664164

You're going to need a bigger pot if you have mangino in it.  ;D

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Finish Strong 09 you beat me to the punch, I would love to have him as an O Cord. here at USF.  He has done a great job with Reesing, imagine what he can do with BJ.

• Content Count:  1,204

Overall what Mangino has done at KU has been pretty impressive considering KU's football history.  I'm pretty happy with Tresey on defense and think things will get better as time goes on and some of our problems graduate (Murphy-cough-cough).

But the offense is still iffy and not run well.  I think a big problem is we don't seem to have a teacher, so Mangino would be a big (pun intended) improvement there.  He did a fine job as the OC for Oklahoma when they won a title against FSU.  I'd dump Canales in a second if Mangino was coming on board.

• Content Count:  7,043
  • Days Won:  11

maybe we could work a deal out with the hooters across the street from campus (it's still there right?) where they provide him w/ all the chicken wings and diet coke he wants?  ;D

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If he is available and was interested then he coule be co-offensive coordinator at worst.  Has Mangino coached OL before?  Because that's one place we need to make a change on the staff.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If Mangino came to town that athletics dining hall wouldn't have the all you can eat option.  Our administration wouldn't allow it.

I'm not sold on Mangino, but I wouldn't be disappointed.

Oh, and I doubt Kansas fires him.

• Content Count:  367

whats up with the twitter post from usffootball saying just the word "mangino"

• Content Count:  203

The Super Asian Buffet and New York China Buffet on Fowler Ave are personally pulling for BFM to get fired and brought in to USF. Their revenue would triple in the first month he's here! GO BFM!

• Content Count:  1,528

Some are saying that Kansas' declining points per game over the past few years is inversely related to Mangino's increase in weight. Seriously, this guy needs to get his waistline under control or he's going to have a heartattack. Not poking fun, but the guy is seriously pushing 500 lbs now. He has some personal issues to manage apart from football. I guess people deal with stress in different ways.

If he could get himself in order physically, he would be a nice addition to our staff. Mangino is a great offensive mind, and him and Leavitt have old ties.

Archived