ESPN sucks!

Bull Martin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

So I get back to Tampa at 5:30 this morning.  I decide to stay up to see tha highlights on Sports Center.  After about a half hour I see highlights from the New Mexico bowl and the Armed Forces Bowl.  Then OSU - Florida basketball highlights.  I stayed up until about 6:30 thinking I was crazy, but no PapaJohns.com bowl highlights!

What the hell?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bull Matrix

• Triple B

• USF03

• Bull Martin

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

FWIW.

I watched SPORTCENTER this morning, and they showed the highlights from the game. They showed Grothe's pass. They showed our defense knocking ECU's QB around. They showed Gachette's big hit for a sack which got them pretty excited. They finished the highlight reel by showing Leavitt geting the PowerAid dumped on him.

FWIW.

I watched SPORTCENTER this morning, and they showed the highlights from the game. They showed Grothe's pass. They showed our defense knocking ECU's QB around. They showed Gachette's big hit for a sack which got them pretty excited. They finished the highlight reel by showing Leavitt geting the PowerAid dumped on him.

That was a great hit.  The whole USF section went nuts... and then during the reply, you could hear everyone yell "Boom" on the hit...

It was great.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

WEll, it wasn't on at 5:30.  I was dissappointed. And not at 10 some crumby sportscaster show is on.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

How about ESPN's organization of this bowl game.....  [smiley=toilet_claw.gif]

There was not a college bowl game environment at all....To me it seemed thrown together at the last minute.

I hope to God that we do not see B'Ham again!  Only bowl games played in January from now on.

All in all, excellent win for our team.  Excellent win for our University.  I am proud to stand with my fellow Bulls (select crowd) that wer at the first bowl game and first bowl game victory in school history.

As always, GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Geez, ESPN had a USF ass kissing party all night. I'm sorry you missed it but I could not believe how much positive coverage USF got last night.

From Aesop's Fables: The Man, The Boy, and The Donkey

A man and his son were once going with their Donkey to market. As they were walking along by its side a countryman passed them and said: “You fools, what is a Donkey for but to ride upon?â€Â

So the Man put the Boy on the Donkey and they went on their way. But soon they passed a group of men, one of whom said: “See that lazy youngster, he lets his father walk while he rides.â€Â

So the Man ordered his Boy to get off, and got on himself. But they hadn't gone far when they passed two women, one of whom said to the other: “Shame on that lazy lout to let his poor little son trudge along.â€Â

Well the Man didn't know what to do, but at last he took his Boy up before him on the Donkey. By this time they had come to the town, and the passersby began to jeer and point at them. The Man stopped and asked what they were scoffing at. The men said: “Aren't you ashamed of yourself for overloading that poor Donkey of yoursâ€â€you and your hulking son?â€Â

The man and Boy got off and tried to think what to do. They thought and they thought, till at last they cut down a pole, tied the Donkey's feet to it, and raised the pole and the Donkey to their shoulders. They went along amid the laughter of all who met them till they came to Market Bridge, when the Donkey, getting one of his feet loose, kicked out and caused the Boy to drop his end of the pole. In the struggle the Donkey fell over the bridge, and his fore-feet being tied together, he was drowned.

“That will teach you,†said an old man who had followed them:

“Please all, and you will please none.â€Â

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Geez, ESPN had a USF ass kissing party all night. I'm sorry you missed it but I could not believe how much positive coverage USF got last night.

I didn't see much ESPN at night but from the opening of the game there was definitely a USF lean .... and rightly so. If I was an ECU fan watching the game, I would have been pissed.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

I thought the moral of that story was "if you try and please everyone, you might as well kiss your ass goodbye"?  ;D

From Aesop's Fables: The Man, The Boy, and The Donkey

A man and his son were once going with their Donkey to market. As they were walking along by its side a countryman passed them and said: “You fools, what is a Donkey for but to ride upon?â€Â

So the Man put the Boy on the Donkey and they went on their way. But soon they passed a group of men, one of whom said: “See that lazy youngster, he lets his father walk while he rides.â€Â

So the Man ordered his Boy to get off, and got on himself. But they hadn't gone far when they passed two women, one of whom said to the other: “Shame on that lazy lout to let his poor little son trudge along.â€Â

Well the Man didn't know what to do, but at last he took his Boy up before him on the Donkey. By this time they had come to the town, and the passersby began to jeer and point at them. The Man stopped and asked what they were scoffing at. The men said: “Aren't you ashamed of yourself for overloading that poor Donkey of yoursâ€â€you and your hulking son?â€Â

The man and Boy got off and tried to think what to do. They thought and they thought, till at last they cut down a pole, tied the Donkey's feet to it, and raised the pole and the Donkey to their shoulders. They went along amid the laughter of all who met them till they came to Market Bridge, when the Donkey, getting one of his feet loose, kicked out and caused the Boy to drop his end of the pole. In the struggle the Donkey fell over the bridge, and his fore-feet being tied together, he was drowned.

“That will teach you,†said an old man who had followed them:

“Please all, and you will please none.â€Â

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

Didn't the announcer proclaim that "Florida" had recovered the fumble in that first set?

Maybe it was my ears, but I thought, here we go...just not UCF please!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Didn't the announcer proclaim that "Florida" had recovered the fumble in that first set?

Maybe it was my ears, but I thought, here we go...just not UCF please!!!

He did but then immediately said South Florida something or other for a nice save ...