• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Game Discussion: (Senior Night) Bulls vs Memphis (Mar 2) 9 pm TV: ESPNU

Triple B

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,626
  • Content Count:  75,182
  • Days Won:  429

Bulls Host Memphis Tuesday on Senior Night

Bulls Host Memphis Tuesday on Senior Night

Story Links

Matchup: USF (8-10, 4-8) vs. Memphis (14-6, 10-3)
Date: Tuesday, March 2
Time: 9 p.m.
TV: ESPNU (John Schriffen, Brooke Weisbrod)
Radio: Bulls Unlimited (Jim Lighthall, Joey Johnston)
Follow: Listen | Watch | Live Stats | Twitter

TAMPA, FLA., MARCH 2, 2021 – The USF men's basketball team plays its final home game of the season Tuesday at 9 p.m. when the Bulls welcome Memphis to the Yuengling Center on Senior Night.

The game will serve as the second act of a doubleheader with the USF women's team, which hosts UCF at 5:30 p.m. on ESPN+. The women's squad can win the American Athletic Conference championship with a victory over the Knights.

USF enters the week coming off a setback at No. 10 Houston that saw junior guard Xavier Castaneda (Chicago, Ill.) score a team-high 11 points to go along with a career-high seven rebounds. Castaneda also made a pair of treys and stands third in the league with a .432 three-point field goal percentage.

USF AND MEMPHIS
USF and Memphis will meet on the hardwood for the 36th time in school history when the two teams battle on Tuesday. The Tigers own an 28-7 lead in the all-time series that dates back to the 1972-73 season. In the most recent match-up, Memphis responded from 12 down midway through the second half to register a 58-57 earlier this season at the FedEx Forum. Freshman Caleb Murphy scored a career-high 20 points for USF and Justin Brown added 11 points. Lester Quinones paced Memphis with 13 points. 

TWO OF THE TOP THREE
Tuesday's game between Memphis and USF will feature two of the top three rebounding teams in the American Athletic Conference. In fact, Memphis enters play with the second-best rebounding margin in the league, as the Tigers average 7.4 more rebounds per game than their opponents. USF stands third in the conference in rebounding margin, averaging 4.7 more rebounds per game than its opponents.

PERFECTING HIS CRAFT
USF junior center Michael Durr made both of his free throw attempts on Feb. 24 against Temple and is now shooting 77.1 percent from the charity stripe. Durr has consistently improved his free throw percentage each year and his turned himself into one of the Bulls' most reliable free throw shooters. Durr shot 53.6 percent from the stripe as a freshman, 63.3 percent as a junior and now ranks third on the team as a junior with his current percentage of 77.1 percent.

JUSTIN BROWN FROM DOWN TOWN
USF senior guard Justin Brown made two of his six three-pointers on Sunday against Houston and enters play Tuesday against Memphis on fire from beyond the arc. In fact, Brown is shooting 42.1 percent (8-for-19) from down town over his last four games. Overall, Brown shoots 38.0 percent from three-point range and ranks 12th in The American.

CLIMBING THE CHARTS
USF senior guard Justin Brown played in his 119th career game for the Bulls on Sunday against Houston. Brown enters play Tuesday against Memphis tied for fourth all-time at USF in games played and will move into sole possession of fourth place should he appear in the game. Should Brown play in every game remaining in the regular season and at least one conference tournament game, he will finish his career with 122 career games played and will rank third all-time at USF. Fellow senior David Collins has played in 112 career games and needs two more to move into the top 10.

THIRTY TWO IS TRUE
The USF men's basketball team went 32 days in between games due to Covid-19 protocols within the program. The Bulls played their 12th game of the year Jan. 9 at East Carolina and turned in a 69-63 victory over the Pirates. It wouldn't be until Feb. 10 that USF would resume games with a matchup against No. 7 Houston at the Yuengling Center. During the layoff, the Bulls had seven consecutive games postponed and only had two full practices that included all 13 players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4-8 in the conference...jesus...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,902
  • Days Won:  22

This year has been a mess between COVID pause for a month, Yetna not back to where he was and not much improvement from returning players, it has really been a bust of a season.

I think next year will be a critical year for Gregory, can he get his returning players to improve, will Yetna be back and healthier? This team has some good pieces, it has just never jelled and doesn’t seem to be focused, the low FT shooting %, the sloppy passing these are all mental issues that should had been fixed and yet linger from year to year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,754
  • Content Count:  17,584
  • Days Won:  13

Is Durr going to play?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Not to be nit picky, but I am.  We getting a thread on the women who are playing for a Conference title against that other team?  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Who'sYourData? said:

Not to be nit picky, but I am.  We getting a thread on the women who are playing for a Conference title against that other team?  

WBB game threads are always started by posters and am sure as **** not going to change that juju now ..... Sure someone will.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

WBB game threads are always started by posters and am sure as **** not going to change that juju now ..... Sure someone will.

No worries.  I just did.  Hopefully that is good juju.

4 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

No worries.  I just did.  Hopefully that is good juju.

If not, don't start the one for the next game ...

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull

Thank You Seniors - Justin Brown and David Collins for your dedication and contribution to USF Basketball.  Wish you well in your future!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,051
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Thank You Seniors - Justin Brown and David Collins for your dedication and contribution to USF Basketball.  Wish you well in your future!

I will second that, I like both of them and they were part of a massive rebuild and am thankful they came here.  We are not ending the way I thought we would have a couple years ago but the team is much better now than when they got here and for that they should be commended.