• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College football season in jeopardy? Wow!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Just been hearing the NCAA president saying that college football is in jeopardy If all students are not back in school on time. Why not start the season a little later instead of canceling the whole season? They said they will know more by next month so we shall see. Something tells me that the football power programs may tell the NCAA to piss off and play with or without the NCAA’s approval. 

Edited by Bull Daly

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

My son attends ASU.  If the students aren't on campus, they'll be online.  I think if the players are taking online or campus courses, the season could go on.  However, for those subject to the  nutballs that will still insist on an enduring lockdown, that's too bad for them.  If you can't open school, you can't have football.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Brad said:

My son attends ASU.  If the students aren't on campus, they'll be online.  I think if the players are taking online or campus courses, the season could go on.  However, for those subject to the  nutballs that will still insist on an enduring lockdown, that's too bad for them.  If you can't open school, you can't have football.

My daughter attends Texas A&M and she received an email recently from the Dean that said school will start on time and in person and there will be football.  My other daughter attends Texas Tech and they already sent confirmation that school will start on time in person however no mention about football.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

At UNH we are going to open but it will be crazy. Half of the class will be on Zoom and the other face to face. Then they will switch the following week. A scheduling challenge and tough to keep track of everyone when their are more than 30 students in a class. However, faculty have the prerogative on course delivery. I can’t teach wearing a stinking mask and face shield for three hours so I’ll probably stay on Zoom until masks and shields are not required. In terms of CFB, I think in the end some schools will play and sone will not...an incomplete conference. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

16 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This may be the catalyst that finally propels the P5 to break away from the NCAA, although some of the university Presidents may want to think such a drastic decision through - nothing worse than mitigating one risk and creating 5 more in the process.

Not sure about the entire P5, however the SEC is playing football this fall with or without the NCAA’s approval.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Good feedback. I guess we can argue that class has started on line so maybe start football. Wondering how ESPN will handle College GameDay now that everyone is socially distancing. Can’t really have those big groups of fans and students partying while they are packed in like sardines trying to get on ESPN. This is pretty crazy and sad as College football was always about the fans to me. We need that vaccine so hopefully 2021 season can get back to how it should be. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Why would students not be on campus? 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

At UNH we are going to open but it will be crazy. Half of the class will be on Zoom and the other face to face. Then they will switch the following week. . . In terms of CFB, I think in the end some schools will play and sone will not...an incomplete conference. 

Call me naive, but I do not see how any institution of higher education could on one hand determine that sufficient threat exits in that all students could not sit together in a classroom, yet on the other hand, allow a portion of their student body to engage in heavy physical contact with students from another geographical region

As such, I see the schools that fully open-up for fall classes, having all fall sports (including football)

For the ones that utilize either 100% virtual or some sort of rotation, fall sports are probably out

Thus, the incomplete conference scenario NEB noted

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

At UNH we are going to open but it will be crazy. Half of the class will be on Zoom and the other face to face. Then they will switch the following week. A scheduling challenge and tough to keep track of everyone when their are more than 30 students in a class. However, faculty have the prerogative on course delivery. I can’t teach wearing a stinking mask and face shield for three hours so I’ll probably stay on Zoom until masks and shields are not required. In terms of CFB, I think in the end some schools will play and sone will not...an incomplete conference. 

The bigger question that the sports world really wants to know is will UNH play football in the fall?  And I would think you would be more effective teaching with a mask, less of your face  showing would be a positive for the students IMO.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The bigger question that the sports world really wants to know is will UNH play football in the fall?  And I would think you would be more effective teaching with a mask, less of your face  showing would be a positive for the students IMO.

All they care about is ice hockey. If the NCAA cancels that then there will be an uproar. In terms of masks there are some coeds freaks who would be into that and I don’t need that in my life.