AAC Tournament

BrassBulls12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Some need it after high school and throwing all summer in showcases.  Changed high school rules to protect the kids some.

Finished with 124 pitches, not bad

What HS rules were changed?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Pitch count rules and mandatory days of rest

• Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls to play uconn at 1. If we win today we set up a 2nd game either tomorrow or Saturday against uconn with a berth into the title game on the line

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

No **** dipshit,

Again, not neccessary 

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

we were talking pitch counts, not innings.  Try to keep up

the two posts that I quoted mentioned anything about pitch counts, so keep up. 

Since you want to change discussion. You can throw 120 pitches in a  game and not need TJ. TJ is a development over years of wear and tear. If in the Unfortunate event  the Sully needs TJ, it will because of what has happened over the course of years not this season. So lets pump the brakes on career changing injury predictions. 

Just now, bullsfan27 said:

Bulls to play uconn at 1. If we win today we set up a 2nd game either tomorrow or Saturday against uconn with a berth into the title game on the line

I'm not sure there will be any games after today/tomorrow.  Weather looks rough this weekend

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Pitch count rules and mandatory days of rest

Looks good on the surface, but when you only play two games a week in HS, you're getting that much rest anyway and you're allowed to throw over the max. It's not a hard limit.

Your ace can throw 110 pitches on Tuesday and take a week off, which he was going to do regardless.

Takes all the fun out of Spring Break tournaments, though...I played in a national tournament in HS and started 2/4 games and pitched in another in relief over 4 days. Good times.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

they set some guidelines but I can tell you that no ones monitors it because everyone keeps their own books. its COA move more than anything. I at no point did a single umpire ask us about who's pitched when. It only comes up if there is a stud that no one wants to face and someone knows exactly what their innings were, then you have to prove it. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Again, not neccessary 

the two posts that I quoted mentioned anything about pitch counts, so keep up. 

Since you want to change discussion. You can throw 120 pitches in a  game and not need TJ. TJ is a development over years of wear and tear. If in the Unfortunate event  the Sully needs TJ, it will because of what has happened over the course of years not this season. So lets pump the brakes on career changing injury predictions. 

Discussion specifically started about pitch counts and I'm well aware of how TJ injury's occur. 

Move along and try to keep up

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

they set some guidelines but I can tell you that no ones monitors it because everyone keeps their own books. its COA move more than anything. I at no point did a single umpire ask us about who's pitched when. It only comes up if there is a stud that no one wants to face and someone knows exactly what their innings were, then you have to prove it. 

Not to mention, who the **** knows how old a kid is on the other team?

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Looks good on the surface, but when you only play two games a week in HS, you're getting that much rest anyway and you're allowed to throw over the max. It's not a hard limit.

Your ace can throw 110 pitches on Tuesday and take a week off, which he was going to do regardless.

Max is 105 for 18 year olds/up to 120 for a 19 year old., but that's still better than some I've seen in the past.  Obviously it's not perfect, but it's something.  I've seen guys throw 100+ on Tues and come back a couple days later to toss another 50+.  I've see youth throw 150 + in a weekend.

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Not to mention, who the **** knows how old a kid is on the other team?

It's not hard to figure out if you want to.   Most coaches in HS aren't going to worry about, but it's a guideline and at least a step in the right direction.  If a HS coach cares about his kids at all, he's monitoring and taking care of them himself.

Edited by chapelbull