• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fernandez Signs Five-Star Recruit

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS 

GoUSFBulls.com

WEB LINK: http://bit.ly/1Wq7ERS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: April 27, 2016

Follow @USFAthletics On Twitter

Like USF Athletics on Facebook

Fernandez Signs Five-Star Recruit

TAMPA, FLA., APRIL 27, 2016  Head coach Jose Fernandez and the USF women’s basketball staff have added the top prospect from Europe to an already star-studded incoming freshman class. Spicing up the international flavor of the Bulls’ young squad is Dorottya Nagy, a 6-2 small forward from Pecs, Hungary. 

“I’m very excited to be adding a high caliber student-athlete to our family,” said Fernandez. “I think she is a great fit for our program both academically and athletically and I’m excited about her versatility on both ends of the court.”

Nagy, who just completed her third season with the PINKK-PECSI, Hungarian- A Division team, is listed as the No. 1 recruit out of Europe by Blue Star Hoops Europe and Passion HoopsESPNW’s Dan Olsen ranks Nagy as No. 32 in his Collegiate Girls Basketball Reports. Nagy is the Bulls’ first top 50 recruit since Laura Ferreira (No. 49) committed in 2013.

Nagy has been a part of several Hungarian national teams, including the Hungarian U16, U17, U18 and U20 teams. Most recently, she joined the senior national team which traveled to Iceland for the 2017 EuroBasket Qualifiers. In her most recent senior level event, Nagy averaged 9.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists at the FIBA U17 World Championships.

Versatile Nagy has the ability to play several different positions. The five-star recruit has a wide range, with the ability to shoot from anywhere. Olsen has listed her as the fourth best forward in the country. While her offense is impressive, Nagy has been described as “relentless” on defense by several of the top recruiting agencies in Europe.

USF is looking to maintain its recent success despite the loss of the most successful senior class in program history. The Bulls signed four student-athletes during the early signing period and anticipate a few more additions to the roster. Nagy will join Jazzmaine Bond, Tamara Henshaw, Shae Leverett and Enna Pehadzic in the class of 2020.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I mentioned her in another thread.

She is the one the Coach had a hard time getting to visit at the end of last year, because her national team coach prevented her from coming, because they still had some games to play.

I'm extremely happy that she finally was able to  make the trip in April and sign with USF.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I like that her first instinct seems to be to go strong inside. We need that.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I like that her first instinct seems to be to go strong inside. We need that.

Absolutely. She can drive to the basket, penetrate and score. That has been a weakness. She will also be surrounded by additional tall players and that should be of significant help. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Great job Jose! 

Does anyone have any update on Nachalie Dejesus? Would be the icing on the cake if we can add her too. 

Nachalie Dejesus

Nachalie DejesuNachalie Dejesus

42 minutes ago, NessUSF said:

Great job Jose! 

Does anyone have any update on Nachalie Dejesus? Would be the icing on the cake if we can add her too. 

Nachalie Dejesus

Nachalie DejesuNachalie Dejesus

I've been looking, but haven't found anything more on her.

BTW, there might be some players leaving, because the article says, " The Bulls signed four student-athletes during the early signing period and anticipate a few more additions to the roster."

There are a few transfers from big time WBB programs currently available. I wouldn't be surprised if we added one of them, even if  that player had to sit out a year.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Big score

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Watching the highlights it was nice to see her go to her left a couple of times.  Doesn't have the quick release of Laksa but, then, not many do.  I know CJF was anxious to get her into the USF fold.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

He and Willie know how to recruit that is for sure. I think we can say the same about the tennis, soccer, and golf programs as well.