SOUTH BEND, IN

MaltLiquorBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

FYI - Flights on southwest are 110 each way right now into Chicago. comes to like 250.00 round trip =)

Happy hour hero - are you taking the train to the game on saturday? I need some info on the train situation

I'm going to rent a car and drive there myself. http://www.bullssportstravel.com/football/usf-at-notre-dame.php Here's  the train info for the train that you can book through USF Travel. Sounds awsome but the people with me can't afford it.

I'm taking Airtran from Ft. Myers up to Atl then to Midway Chicago, cost was also around 250 round trip.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

i live

Bulls will be all over Wrigley on Friday. I think our group will have 10-12 going to the game.

I plan on going too

i live three miles down the road.  is there a USF get-together planned?

Nothing yet.  But we pick our son-in-law up at Midway airport around 8:30 am.  So anytime after 10:00 we'll be ready to start drinking.  If you want to pick a place near Wrigley to meet up..... just let us know.  There may be 5 of us but the other couple is dealing with some medical issues so they are not sure if they are making the trip.

This is where I plan to be. It's in Wrigleyville. I've been told by different beer geeks that this is one of the best Micro Brewers in the country.

http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/home/56.php

• Content Count:  1,079

i live

Bulls will be all over Wrigley on Friday. I think our group will have 10-12 going to the game.

I plan on going too

i live three miles down the road.  is there a USF get-together planned?

Nothing yet.  But we pick our son-in-law up at Midway airport around 8:30 am.  So anytime after 10:00 we'll be ready to start drinking.  If you want to pick a place near Wrigley to meet up..... just let us know.  There may be 5 of us but the other couple is dealing with some medical issues so they are not sure if they are making the trip.

This is where I plan to be. It's in Wrigleyville. I've been told by different beer geeks that this is one of the best Micro Brewers in the country.

http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/home/56.php

Goose Island sounds good to me if we all want to have a USF meet up there. Actually it sounds delicious to me right now. this is the address for it 3535 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

Our plan was to go to Lucky's http://www.luckysandwich.com/menu.htm, near Wrigley, so that our son-in-law could try to do the Man v Food challenge there.  Not sure how much his heart is set on it.  Goose Island might get him to change his mind.

• Content Count:  5,241

Booked my flight out of san antonio, gonna be in Chicago all Friday and Sunday!

• Content Count:  233

Southwest flight 1492/836 Thursday then 2774 on Sunday going to check out the Rock Island Arsenal Museum on Thursday afternoon. Hope to get together with some Bulls on Friday night somewhere.

Cheers

Mike

• Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

Southwest out of Tampa on Thursday - flight # 1836. Depart at 6:40am - land at Midway at 8:30

Southwest out of Chicago on Sunday -  flight # 1230. Depart Midway at 3:15pm - land in Tampa at 6:45pm.

Staying Thursday and Friday at the Seneca Hotel, next to the John Hancock Building. Then Saturday in South Bend at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel. This one is about three miles from ND.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

Thursday night in downtown Chicago. Fri & Sat at Valparaiso. But if there is a get together in Chicago on Friday night, we can drive down to Valpo afterward.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, do any of y'all have any info on airtran? They got a few good deals (Tampa to midway). Has anybody ever flown them, is anybody using them for the game, etc. Thanks in advance!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Hey, do any of y'all have any info on airtran? They got a few good deals (Tampa to midway). Has anybody ever flown them, is anybody using them for the game, etc. Thanks in advance!

Used them a few times before and am using them for ND game, flying in to Midway Saturday morning ... No problems in the past.

Archived