• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another question for HOT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

At FIU there was a recognition at the beginning of the game followed by the playing of "Proud to be an American".

Why did HOT interrupt with their own music?

It offended me.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,066

At FIU there was a recognition at the beginning of the game followed by the playing of "Proud to be an American".

It offended me.

Wasn't at the game {shame on me}, but I could almost guess what happened...

Visiting team band directors do not get tapped into the overall coordination of events at the game like we do at home games....for example, Schnetty has a headset on getting cues from the press box...

Not being connected to the overall festivities would increase the probability of the visiting band playing over the home band or other ceremony...Same would apply to visiting bands at Ray Jay.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I mentioned this in another post...glad to see I wasn't the only person who noticed

I believe it was later in the game...3rd or 4th quarter if my memory serves me correctly

from what I got (it was hard to hear everything the announcer was saying with people talking) FIU was presenting something to a soldier that lost a leg in Iraq, after the presentation they started playing God Bless the USA during which HOT began to play music. They did stop which makes me think it's what HOTMello said, which is they may not have realized what was being played when they began to play and stopped when they did realize it.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I too was extremely upset by this and have already sent an email to HOT.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

Guys, HOT did not do this on purpose.  I was sitting by the band and could barely hear what was being said during the ceremony. HOT waited for the ceremony to end and then started playing not aware of God Bless the USA.  Mrs. Gregory immediately ran over to the band and started waving her arms at them which they eventually picked up on.

• Content Count:  996

I wanna back this up.  My group was even closer to the sound system than the band and we could hardly hear what was going on.  I am SURE hot did not do this on purpose and stopped as soon as they were made aware of it playing.  There were even times when the FIU band started playing when the FIU announcer was talking about emergency exits and other important things.  It was their first game and they were clearly disorganized and handicapped by that awful sound system.  Half the time we couldnt even here the REFS calls.   

-Gurly

• Content Count:  25

It offended me.

Schnetty would never try to offend anything that deals with being an American, we are prohibited to participate whenever the student section screams "home of the BULLLLSS" during the Star Spangled Banner.

• Content Count:  2,478

It offended me.

Schnetty would never try to offend anything that deals with being an American, we are prohibited to participate whenever the student section screams "home of the BULLLLSS" during the Star Spangled Banner.

Just to let you know the lack of response  by HOT members is because we are prohibited to respond to these types of posts on online forums as members of the HOT.

• Content Count:  1,066

It offended me.

Just to let you know the lack of response  by HOT members is because we are prohibited to respond to these types of posts on online forums as members of the HOT.

However, as an Alumnus I can respond.....Please see my original post as well as reading JerseyBULL and 79 Bull, it sounds like what I described did indeed happen. I'm also glad that it was recognized and HOT stopped playing immediately.

Can we now lock this thread?....

Archived