Ashamed to be an alum...

Jamie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

According to Rock Riley on the Sports Connection, the 'faction' who contacted Huggins' attorney was made up of 2 boosters inquiring as to whether he would be interested in the USF job if it were open.

Not exactly an indication of widespread dissatisfaction that was being painted.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Velcro

• Triple B

• JGBASEBALL92-94

• Knight_Light

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Oh you're all full of it.

Put up AND shut up. The team works hard, the coach works hard, there's no need for all this controversy, arguing, and whining.

Probably true, no whining needed.

Why not just take a simple test to find the best possible answer/solution:

1) Who will have a better chance at bringing in All-American Prep kids to USF: Huggins or RM?

2) Who will help sell more season & corp tix, and increase USF's National Exposure:  Huggins or RM?

After you take this test....you will find the answer is quite simple.

KL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

1) Who will have a better chance at bringing in All-American Prep kids to USF: Huggins or RM?

2) Who will help sell more season & corp tix, and increase USF's National Exposure:  Huggins or RM?

3) Who is better for the long term health of the program: Huggins or RM?

That's the most important question and the man with a ton more expertise in this area than you or your whining buddies thinks the answer is RM at this juncture .....

Guest rueben_horowitz

After you take this test....you will find the answer is quite simple.

KL

Amen.

Trip -  Your #3 is a function of #1 & #2. Bring in Huggy; he brings in some McDonald's All-Americans, USF gets a spot on the map, starts winning, packs the Sun Dome; boosters come out of the coma = Long term health.  

I'm done with the discussion for now (cheers from the crowd)...I'll make one final push at the end of the season.

Everyone have a nice weekend,

Rueben

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'll make one final push at the end of the season.

What do you hope to get accomplished with this 'push'... nothing is going to change.  Mac will be our coach next year and your rumor spreading isn't changing that.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

3) Who is better for the long term health of the program: Huggins or RM?

That's the most important question and the man with a ton more expertise in this area than you or your whining buddies thinks the answer is RM at this juncture .....

I see you failed the 2 question exam.

Really? Woolard has more expertise? I believe he and most of everyone else has had the same exact number of years of experience as a BCS AD. ZERO!

Woolard was an AD of a metro Catholic School who's Men's Hoop Team never reached ranked status and didn't play in a top conference.

Now...USF IS in a BCS Conference and IS in a top conference.

RM might of been a nice coach for a mid-major hoop conference....now USF is trying to go big-time...but obviously trying to do it on the cheap...which will cost the school $$$$ in the long-run.

KL

Guest rueben_horowitz

What do you hope to get accomplished with this 'push'... nothing is going to change.  Mac will be our coach next year and your rumor spreading isn't changing that.  

MY rumor spreading?? Please.

We all (Bulls fans) want to arrive at the same place; some of us just have different ideas on how to get there and how long it should take.

You're right though; they're will be no final push, everyone knows how I feel. I'll calm down; just in complete disgust that we passed up an opportunity on Huggy.

Have a good weekend, see some of you at the G'town game...sorry for the bitterness.

Rueb

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

I see you failed the 2 question exam.

Really? Woolard has more expertise? I believe he and most of everyone else has had the same exact number of years of experience as a BCS AD. ZERO!......

Now...USF IS in a BCS Conference and IS in a top conference.

KL

You do understand we're talking BASKETBALL here? You want to explain to me what experience as AD in a BCS conference has to do with knowing how to build a major college BASKETBALL program? You do realize that BCS pertains to football?

K_L, please just stop embarassing yourself trying to stir up crap. The Three Stooges are a lot better at it. Why don't you just stick to your own kind. You know, the non-BCS, mid-major hoops kind ....

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i gotta agree with jamie here, rmc is the best man for the job as of now.  huggins is NOT the man for the job, with his reputation, i would rather not take him.  its not worth winning if our program goes down in other areas.  i want an all around good team, one that accels in academics, wins on the court and has no controversy, as well as one that ACTUALLY GRADUATES PLAYERS.  drop the whole huggins coming here bit and you guys whinning about him coming here, because HE IS NOT COMING HERE, end of question, athletics made it clear this week that rmc is our coach next year, get off your high horses and get your nose out of huggins arse.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  192

Just recruit a bunch of smart guys who can not play ball. 0 wins is acceptable in Bull country.