Welcome Texastrong

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, charsibb said:

You'll fit right in here, welcome to the board! :D

And don't let Mamabull fool you, not all of us were B12 supporters. Some of us were (and are) adamantly opposed to USF going to the B12. It's not a good fit for us, and it would ONLY be for football money.

That said, what do you think are the odds TX and OK will stay in the B12 after the current TV contract expires, and what happens to the conference if they leave?

I agree, it is really a bad fit for USF, unless the Big 12 expanded and added some other teams in the Florida area. I know it has been a logistic nightmare for WV.

I think the chances of UT and OU leaving the Big 12 are 90% or better. I am not sure where they will land, but, I expect Texas goes to the Pac or Big 10 and maybe OU to the same conferences, or, to the SEC. Expect OSU to follow OU, and Texas Tech to follow UT. I would hope OU and Texas stay together, but not sure.

There has been talk of a PAC division including UT, Tech, OSU, OU, Ariz, ASU, Colorado and Utah.

I hate the PAC and would hate the Big 10 almost as bad.

If this happens, expect the teams left in the Big 12 to look to a Conference like the AAC to expand and add them. IMO the Big 12 is dead.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

IMO, the B1G won't take OSU and Texas Tech.  The PAC might though.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

11 hours ago, Texastrong said:

I agree, it is really a bad fit for USF, unless the Big 12 expanded and added some other teams in the Florida area. I know it has been a logistic nightmare for WV.

I think the chances of UT and OU leaving the Big 12 are 90% or better. I am not sure where they will land, but, I expect Texas goes to the Pac or Big 10 and maybe OU to the same conferences, or, to the SEC. Expect OSU to follow OU, and Texas Tech to follow UT. I would hope OU and Texas stay together, but not sure.

There has been talk of a PAC division including UT, Tech, OSU, OU, Ariz, ASU, Colorado and Utah.

I hate the PAC and would hate the Big 10 almost as bad.

If this happens, expect the teams left in the Big 12 to look to a Conference like the AAC to expand and add them. IMO the Big 12 is dead.

A few years back, when USF was still in the Big East, and there were rumours of OK and TX to the PAC, a lot of folks on the board wanted to invite the B12 remainders into the Big East. Back then, the B12 seemed on the verge of collapse and the BE was the bastion of stability.

Oh, how times change - be VERY careful what you wish for...