SI's PreSeason Top 10 Heisman

E.T.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,364
  • Days Won:  490

I'd buy a few bumper stickers but only if you could make one that somehow slides in a USF, or the Iconic U.  It makes it easier to relate and identify with our University.

I'd love to put the iconic U on there, but I don't think the good folks at USF would like that.  I have not inquired about using their marks on these types of things, so I'd have to get their permission.

I could add a more generic "USF" or "South Florida" to the sticker though.  

The bumper stickers actually came out very nice.  I'll see what I can do.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E.T.

• Jake_Ryan

• Brad

• DENVERBULL

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,289
  • Days Won:  29

Then you have licensing issues I would imagine ... and which brings cost up.

Anyways ... The Nation will know of Andre Hall  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

I really hope that UL's defense was just bad in the spring.  23-29 for 390 yds and 6 TDs.  That is scary.

I saw the game and it is even scarier than you think.  Brohm is the real deal.  He looks off safeties, has incredible touch and instincts, and is a great leader.  Once again, Louisville's offense will be incredible - expect them to not miss a beat from last year.

Guest S.  Bien

I forgot about that little licensing issue. ;D

Actually, it looks fine, and should work well if Andre has an awesome season.  Maybe he could make a name for USF like Tomlinson did for TCU.

I saw the game and it is even scarier than you think.  Brohm is the real deal.  He looks off safeties, has incredible touch and instincts, and is a great leader.  Once again, Louisville's offense will be incredible - expect them to not miss a beat from last year.

Was he against his #1 D ? Just curious . . .

What kinda running game do they have ? Lost 2 RB's in the Draft.

Go BULLS !!!

Guest S.  Bien

The lost Gates, Sheldon, Russell, and Lafors which to most teams is a lot, but I'm not convinced they didn't become a BETTER team because of it.

First, Brohm's a better pure passer than Lafors but UL got out of a few jams last year- most notably against Boise Sate, based primarily on Lafors ability to scramble.  With that being said UL severely upgraded their OL this recruiting class, and two top ranked JUCO's like Marcus Gordon, were already practicing with the team in the spring.

Sheldon was special.  There's no way around that he had that innate ability to continue churning those legs then accelerate after the break, but Kolby Smith is no slouch and I would say he might have as much potential and upside as Sheldon as a bigger back.

Gates was a speed back, and he burned us for a 70 yard TD in 03', but this Bradshaw kid many believe is better.  He runs 4.3's, he's almost 210lbs, and was the Canadian BC player of the year (went to HS in Canada), and originally signed with Boise before transfering to UL.

Russell was good, but I wasn't so sure he was the best WR, as much as being Lafors favorite target.  They've got UT transfers Montrell Jones with super speed, Joshua Tinsche who's always productive, Broderick Clark another big fast receiver and very productive, ultra speedy Stevin Williams JC transfer, and the enormous Urrutia... a top notch receiving corp.

It looks great and what's more amazing is that some of their best recruits (five four star players) don't arrive until the fall.   They're pushing real hard to be the standard of the Big East.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Was he against his #1 D ? Just curious . . .

What kinda running game do they have ? Lost 2 RB's in the Draft.

Go BULLS !!!

No, he did not face the #1 defense.  Petrino pits #1's against #2 on both sides of the ball.  He just ate up the #2 defense, but I don't think you should hold that against him.  You have to see how calm and in control Brohm is of that offense.  He also puts the ball exactly where it needs to be.  He has incredible poise for a Sophomore.

Michael Bush started a tailback.  They had a Sophomore (I believe) at #2 TB who looked great also.  The running game looks like it will be fine.  Petrino has a great system and there is talent galore.  Three stud receivers return as well.

I have great respect for Brohm ...

Thanx for the info gentlemen.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

the defence will tell the ul story this year

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

Brohm?  They must be joking.  I agree he played great during mostly "mop up" duties last year.  How can a guy be a heisman candidate when he has hardly played any college ball?   Who is number 11?  A redshirt freshman?