• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OTL: Raymond James

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

Outside the Lines did a special on the cleanliness of concessions in stadiums across America. Ray J came in with a horrible score. 84% of the vendors in the stadium contained a major violation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100725/stadiumconcessions

There is a link to read the full report but I can't figure it out.

• Content Count:  11

Not surprised at all. Factor in the crappy food and crappy prices, and it's why RayJay concessions are a joke. I wish they at least had decent foodd like the Trop...

• Content Count:  743

Not surprised at all. Factor in the crappy food and crappy prices, and it's why RayJay concessions are a joke. I wish they at least had decent foodd like the Trop...

lol clearly didn't check the link. 100% of the Trop's venders were cited for major violations.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

I think most of the workers at the concession stands at Ray Jay are volunteers for groups like youth teams, high schools, etc. that are trying to raise money for their groups.  I think the volunteer groups get something like 2% of gross sales at the stand they operate.  Like some volunteer mom serving nacho trays and hot dogs to 65,000 fans for her daughter's cheerleading team cares if her hands are washed or not!

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Looks like Bobby Pascal has himself a new job as VP for Centerplate Concessions , the article quotes him talking about conditions at Tropicana Field's concession stands.

Funny how all the worst concessions stands are in FL. 

• Content Count:  1,079

That just reminded me a couple years back when i got a pizza from a vendor, everything cooked except the dough under the pizza was completely raw. Haven't been able to buy a pizza from the stadium since.

• Content Count:  4,501

Reminded me of the papJohns Bowl when they had no and I repeat none,nada pizza.  Those concession stands were really nasty.

• Content Count:  39

Looks like Bobby Pascal has himself a new job as VP for Centerplate Concessions , the article quotes him talking about conditions at Tropicana Field's concession stands.

Funny how all the worst concessions stands are in FL. 

FYI - Bobby Paschal was the former USF MBB coach. Spelled differently, unless there was a typo in the article.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

That is f'in gross. I cannot believe how bad all the florida place are, all of them. Not one got a score better than 50% the best was 67%, crazy ridiculous. I hear you on the volunteers/fund raisers, I wonder if that is a legal deal only available in Florida so the massive pigsty food corps cut costs by having "volunteers" get 2% of sales and fatten wallets everywhere. At least in the Trop you can bring your own food. Buy the bottles of water/soda/beer and you are golden. Once time I went into the ice palace and there was hair in my hot dog. They wouldn't even offer to give me another. disgusting.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Not surprised by this at all.  

Archived