• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CANES / IRISH Renew Series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

One more reason to dislike Thug U.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That's one reason I like Miami. They will play anybody anywhere. That is one team that is not afraid of that in this day and age.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

One more reason to dislike Thug U.

And, one more reason to dislike ND.

First, It poses a real threat to the continuation of the USF-Miami series beyond 2013.

Second, ND always TALKS about scheduling more Big East teams for home and home series, but when it comes down to reality, they only gave USF a pay game and took Miami for the home and home. If ND really wanted to prove it's "commitment" to the Big East, USF would have been selected over Miami.   

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

First, It poses a real threat to the continuation of the USF-Miami series beyond 2013.

It's been pretty well known that Miami wasn't interested in continuing the series once it ended.

It's been pretty well known that Miami wasn't interested in continuing the series once it ended.

Well, I know that many of their fans, including one on here, is dead set against renewing the series.

I don't know the official position of UM on the subject.

I hoped they would take a wait and see approach and see how it goes for a few years before making a decision one way or another.

Since UF is no longer scheduling them and they have a real need to fill seats in their stadium, USF should be an attractive opponent for doing that better than most other teams on a yearly basis.

Even if the don't renew the annual series, I think they will still continue to schedule USF, on a home and home basis, fairly regularly. Hopefully, FSU will do the same once the current series ends. Perhaps, even UF will as well somewhere down the road, now that they don't play UM.

Whatever happens, USF will have at least had a number of opportunities to play against UM, FSU and UF and that benefits recruiting for a good number of years. 

Since UF is no longer scheduling them and they have a real need to fill seats in their stadium, USF should be an attractive opponent for doing that better than most other teams on a yearly basis.

I'd be willing to bet that when they play ND in Miami that there will be more people in the stadium then when we play them there in 2010 and 2012.

Saw that they just scheduled a home and home with Toledo, so that one doesn't make much sense.

We may see them on future schedules from time to time, but I see the annual games going by the wayside.

I'd be willing to bet that when they play ND in Miami that there will be more people in the stadium then when we play them there in 2010 and 2012.

Saw that they just scheduled a home and home with Toledo, so that one doesn't make much sense.

We may see them on future schedules from time to time, but I see the annual games going by the wayside.

Well I did say, "USF should be an attractive opponent for doing that better than most other teams."

When USF visited Miami in 2005, it was one of their largest crowds of the season. The same was true with when we visited FSU last year.

So, the fact that ND may very well outdraw USF, by probably a few thousand fans, is really not the point. UM had to give up both an away game and a neutral site game to get that home game with ND. We guarantee them a big crowd every other year and they don't have to play a neutral game to get it.

I didn't know about their home and home with Toledo. I suspect that UCF fans are livid about that, much like they were when we scheduled Ball State and Western Kentucky.  ;D

So, the fact that ND may very well outdraw USF, by probably a few thousand fans, is really not the point. UM had to give up both an away game and a neutral site game to get that home game with ND. We guarantee them a big crowd every other year and they don't have to play a neutral game to get it.

I'd get through the 2010 game before I would say we "guarantee" them a big crowd. Yes, we had a nice crowd there in 2005 and that game was right after we ripped #9 Louisville a new one. If we're having a down season, then you can't expect to see as many Bulls fans making the trip on Thanksgiving weekend. With ND, they will travel regardless.

Agree that Miami had to give up the neutral site game, but I am sure they will be compensated well for it.

I'd think that USF would have taken that same deal in a heartbeat, even if it meant not having Miami come to RJS.

• Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Something to REMEMBER, the CANES booked USF, when no other Florida school would.  Miami booked FSU, when they first started football.  Miami still plays FAMU even though NO OTHER big 3 Florida school will.  The CANES will probably at some point play all the new entrys in Florida football.  It is that attitude, ANYONE, ANYTIME. 

Archived