TCU and Houston rejected by B12, should we invite them to the Big East?

Guest nybullsfan

Who should the Big East invite?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest nybullsfan

Looks like it's official. According to Commissioner Beebe, "We're not looking to expand at all," he said. "And certainly we wouldn't look to expand with any institutions that are in our geographic, five-state area now. We're very comfortable with where we are and there's no interest in having an expansion review at this point, and I don't think it's going to come in the future."

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post?id=13561

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,816
  • Days Won:  13

We should add TCU, Houston, and Memphis.

Looks like it's official. According to Commissioner Beebe, "We're not looking to expand at all," he said. "And certainly we wouldn't look to expand with any institutions that are in our geographic, five-state area now. We're very comfortable with where we are and there's no interest in having an expansion review at this point, and I don't think it's going to come in the future."

That is not official. That is just the commissioner talking. 

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I think the BE needs to look for teams more in the East. Trips to Texas are expensive.

• Content Count:  4,738

Tcu wouldn't join be

Guest nybullsfan

Huh?

Can't get any more "official" than a statement from the "Head Official" of the conference. That's kinda the "definition" of "official"

Regardless, the schools are out there for the taking, all we have to do is invite them. IMO, both would jump at the chance to join a BCS conference.

Maybe add Memphis and UCF, and there's a nice little southern division (with the Ville)

Hey Bullfreak, NO, we need more western teams, haha!! BTW, if we do get some games in Texas, come on by and visit - you guys are welcome here anytime!

• Content Count:  509

I think the BE needs to look for teams more in the East. Trips to Texas are expensive.

So are trips to Wisconsin,Illinois,West Virginia,Ohio, New Jersey,...

As for the other teams in the BE it is not much further away then Tampa, or Orlando (should UCF join)

I also think that TCU and Houston would jump on a chance to join a BCS Conference; they would prefer the Big 12; but would settle for the BE.

Huh?

Can't get any more "official" than a statement from the "Head Official" of the conference. That's kinda the "definition" of "official"

Regardless, the schools are out there for the taking, all we have to do is invite them. IMO, both would jump at the chance to join a BCS conference.

Maybe add Memphis and UCF, and there's a nice little southern division (with the Ville)

Hey Bullfreak, NO, we need more western teams, haha!! BTW, if we do get some games in Texas, come on by and visit - you guys are welcome here anytime!

Commissioners have NO real power. "OFFICIAL" from a conference is when the Conference actually VOTES on something. Since you're headline says "rejected" - I see nothing official saying the Big 12 members voted to "officially" reject applications from TCU or Houston.

They are not "there for the taking," as they are members of other conferences ... and I am not so sure they would accept an invitation to the Big East when there are still potential options in the Big 12.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Trips to Dallas and Houston wouldn't be any more expensive than trips to Pittsburgh, Hartford, New York, etc.

• Content Count:  6

I'd love to see TCU join if they can keep their football program up.  The BE needs more credibility.... unfortunately.

Archived