• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

transfers??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone heard anything new about the transfers that were possibly eyeballing USF football?  Greg any info????

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Has anyone heard anything new about the transfers that were possibly eyeballing USF football?  Greg any info????

i think everyone is hoping for nickell robey to leave USC...

outside shot

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf doesnt need transfers

usf doesnt need transfers

first off smazza... I thought you said that USF is 3 years off from competing for a BE title??  If that is true usf could use any good transfer that comes their way. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

robey would hardly be a transfer as he hasnt even enrolled at usc

• Content Count:  36

We could see Demar Dorsey coming in possibly. He was rejected by the academic committee and is looking elsewhere to play. I know that he at one point was committed to play at UF but changed to Michigan. Apparently the writer for usf rivals says that USF coaches have been in contact with Demar. Another guy who could be coming in is Spencer Boyd from Notre Dame but he may or may not have to sit out a year. Of course now that USC has imploded Nickell Robey is coming out as a possible transfer( he is technically not a transfer but I don't know what else to call him...unlucky kid who committed to a school that just got pwnd for the next 3 years and is looking for somewhere else to go?????). I'm just glad USC didn't start their second session of summer classes earlier. I think this kid is our best shot at getting some depth and a realistic shot at actually getting him to come. He visited USF in January and had us on the top of his list. He's not like Dorsey or Boyd in that dorsey didn't get into Michigan due to an 18 act and a 2.5/2.6 gpa and Boyd has not been doing too well at ND schoolwise in addition he's also got a kid back home(though having a kid doesn't matter in my eyes). I am not sure how many Scholarships we have available because as many of you may or may not know Donald Bowens is also transferring to USF. So we could have Bowens and or Nickell Robey/Demar Dorsey/Spencer Boyd coming in. If Rick Smith was complaining about lack of depth he won't have to now. Out of those three DB's none were ranked lower than three stars and two(Robey and Dorsey) were ranked 4 stars or better. Now if you don't believe in the rating system or you take it with a grain of salt I suggest you take a look at their stats. Hopefully we get robey and dorsey to come in that way come Summer B we could have Terrence "T-Rex" Mitchell, Demar Dorsey, and Nickell Robey all getting ripped in the Weight Room and competing for a starting or back up job in the fall.

But lets not get too ahead of ourselves...If we get just one of those guys our secondary will be MUCH MUCH improved. For the love of god we have an ex-WR with the back up job at corner.

Lets hope for the best. GO BULLS!

I had a link on an earlier thread where boyd was getting a full release from ND, so he would be eligible to play this year.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Boyd would not be eligible this year. Even with a full release, if you're transferring from a I-A school to a I-A school, you have to sit out a year unless you land some kind of hardship waiver. All the release does is allow contact and allow you to receive aid from the new school.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I thought that I read somewhere that USC Seniors and Juniors can transfer without the penalty.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I thought that I read somewhere that USC Seniors and Juniors can transfer without the penalty.

That they can. I'm pretty sure Robey would have to be granted a release after signing a Letter of Intent though

Archived