• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After all said and done USF and the BE might be in a better situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091903

If ND is the only school invited to the big 10 that would leave the big east to add one all sports school.  That would give the football schools there much needed 9th member.  Yeah adding a CUSA team might not be considered a better situation, but if the rest of the BE stays in tact I would say it is.  I would guess memphis and UCF would be the front runners.  I see this forcing ND's hand, cause they would not be able to compete with 4 16 member conferences.  I think swarbrick  realizes this.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

adding a non BCS member is taking a step back.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Where are you going you find one?

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Redfisher, I totally agree. I don't see how ANYBODY would be happy with a downgrade. The best thing for the Big East is to merge with the ACC. I guess some of our fellow Bulls see the the Big East as a powerhouse conference. And thats just ucf type of delusion.

Don't get me wrong if we could get into the acc it would be much better, but we could be the odd man out.  I rather be in a bcs conference than not. 

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

USF's best situation would be getting invite to a "better" conference and a better conference would be any AQ BCS conference.

BE's best situation is nothing happens and the conferences staywhre they are at.

That won't happen so it's next best situation would be picking up some more teams, have a conf champ game, and starting a BE network.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Redfisher, I totally agree. I don't see how ANYBODY would be happy with a downgrade. The best thing for the Big East is to merge with the ACC. I guess some of our fellow Bulls see the the Big East as a powerhouse conference. And thats just ucf type of delusion.

I'm not sure where you get that from.  I asked what current BCS team could the Big East have any chance of luring over.  If Notre Dame completely left and the Big East added an all sports school, we'd still keep our AQ status.  It might not be the most ideal situation, but it could be the best we can get.

It would be great to be in the ACC, but if FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech, and Clemson leave, it wouldn't be nearly as great.

• Content Count:  4,738

why does anyone give a **** about keeping a notre dame?  they dont do anything for Big east

why does anyone give a **** about keeping a notre dame?  they dont do anything for Big east

I think most people on this board would say give nd an ultimatum.  They are going to join the big 10 soon anyway.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Add Memphis and they bring more to the basketball side that ND would have vacated. You'd just have to give them the time to catch up in football.

Plus, you'd probably get the Liberty Bowl to be exclusive to the Big East.

Archived