• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Graduating Soon: Season Tix Question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I shall be graduating this semester, Summer 2010, which means for the first time in seven years (yes, you read that correctly), I will need to purchase season tickets.

If the section is standing, I stand. If the section sits, I sit. I prefer to stand, though. I am very accustomed to the student section and the atmosphere of tailgating before and after games; so if the section is not a fan of drinking during the game, then I should most likely not be there.

Anyways, what I am asking is the following: Does anyone have any recommendations on a section that still has seats available? I almost just purchased tickets in the south endzone, but I don't want to pay $200+ per ticket just to be let down.

I apologize if this is not the correct section for this; mods, feel free to move this if I have posted it incorrectly. 

The South Endzone sections are all pretty much the "stand when it's appropriate" sections and all tolerate drinking.  We don't tolerate anyone getting pissed drunk and making a total ass of themselves.

It's Florida in an open-air stadium... it's too hot to get pissed-drunk regardless; that's a one-way ticket to ER-land.

• Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

...I am very accustomed to the student section and the atmosphere of tailgating before and after games; so if the section is not a fan of drinking during the game, then I should most likely not be there....

First, Congrats on being finished.

Unless you are looking to 'lock-in' a section now, I would suggest you take this season to buy different seats around the stadium in different sections.  You can always buy almost any section outside and usually the cost is not too much of a burden.  Once you find the section that best meets your requirements, then you will know how much you are going to need to donate, etc... per seat.

I spent a couple years moving sections and adding seats before I finally found a place I was happy with.  We have a group of around 16 people in our sections that travel to the games and know the folks who sit around us.  Something to think about, just my 2 cents.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

South End Zone would be the way to go based on what you're saying.

Have called the sales office? John Lewis can help you out. He's my rep and he's always been helpful. His number is (813) 974-7492.

Thank you for the congratulations, foremost. They are appreciated.

It is looking like I will have a year off (with just work) and then grad school, most likely, so I'm not necessarily looking to lock-in seats unless I find some that I like. In that case, I'll continue to purchase tickets on an annual basis to keep the seats and use the ones I can and donate the ones that I cannot.

A few people have suggested the South End zone, so far. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll most likely give the box office a call on Wednesday and talk to them about finding something that works in that section. Thanks for the recommendation of a name at the box office. Always helps to have someone to ask for when you are calling.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I have tried for years to find a section that worked for me....I like to stand and yell-but everywhere I go I find people who likes the same, but then they give someone their tickets and then they complain when i do what I always do (stand)...so I moved this year to where our tickets have our backs up against the concrete wall in the 100's-no more ppl complaining im standing.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Isn't there a recent grad section? Or is that just my imagination again? Raetus I am very similar to you in regards to the sit/stand. In the student section, I always, always stood. At away games, when integrated with alum and season ticket holders, I tried to be respectable with my standing. I just got three tickets in 124 with some ex-SBC members and while I realize I can't stand the entire game (unfortunately), I do hear these are the sections (along with 125) where it's mostly acceptable.

• Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

I had the 3 for $50 last season in the South Endzone and it was a BLAST. The only thing Im a little worried about is my Season Tickets are in the Faculty and Staff section next to the Band so if anyone can tell me in fact, will I be able to stand and hoot and holler the whole game like I could in the South? Or is some professor going to tell my punk ass to sit down?

There is a recent grad section; I haven't been able to find too much information on it, though. It was another thing I was going to ask about when I call the ticket office.

My fear is that the location will not be too desirable. I'll report back after I talk with someone more knowledgeable unless it is answered before I find out.

Archived