• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ/USF= the new Charlie Ward/FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

After watching the spring game, BJ showed to me why he was a great QB! The kid has a cannon for an arm and every time I watch him I think of Charlie Ward. No disrespect to FSU fans since I also like the Gators, but I feel I haven't seen a QB with a running skill set like BJ since Charlie and I think BJ has BY FAR THE BETTER ARM! No biases just straight football talent. Funny thing is they both were PG in basketball although Charlie did make GREAT decisions but he also had an All Pro RB with Warrick Dunn and an All World D with Derrick Brooks and CO.

Anyone else see some similarities? I know he isn't the ideal height but this kid can throw the ball and IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER when it comes to his knowledge and skill set, He might have to adapt for the NFL but I don't think he will. Just like everyone said Drew Brees was too short well guess what BJ has a similar arm and can scramble, just needs to get Peyton Manning's brain and he'd be set, but I guess so would any QB in the NFL!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

After watching the spring game, BJ showed to me why he was a great QB! The kid has a cannon for an arm and every time I watch him I think of Charlie Ward. No disrespect to FSU fans since I also like the Gators, but I feel I haven't seen a QB with a running skill set like BJ since Charlie and I think BJ has BY FAR THE BETTER ARM! No biases just straight football talent. Funny thing is they both were PG in basketball although Charlie did make GREAT decisions but he also had an All Pro RB with Warrick Dunn and an All World D with Derrick Brooks and CO.

Anyone else see some similarities? I know he isn't the ideal height but this kid can throw the ball and IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER when it comes to his knowledge and skill set, He might have to adapt for the NFL but I don't think he will. Just like everyone said Drew Brees was too short well guess what BJ has a similar arm and can scramble, just needs to get Peyton Manning's brain and he'd be set, but I guess so would any QB in the NFL!

Prior to my rebirth as a BULL, I was a Nole. FSU was the first game I ever attended live (1979 Tampa Std). Anyway Chollie as many called him seemed to be "smoother" than BJ, he seemed to have quicker feet, but Chollie wasn't the full time starter until his RS Junior year, so he had plenty of time to learn the ins and outs of the O. Yes, BJ has a much better arm than CW, but CW was more accurate (BJ's got to learn to hit RB's in the flat in stride). The FSU coaching staff retooled their offense to use him to the full extent, there were VERY few called runs. Lots of roll outs, shotgun, etc...but when necessary they lined up in the I and ran smash mouth football. I think that Coach Holtz should be, and probably is, looking at FSU game film from 93. Since Lou's a good friend of Bobby's I'm pretty sure that Skip has access to a lot of information. BTW, the best decision CW ever made was going into the NBA.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

lets hope our receivers step up to support BJ esp with love going down.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

BJ's got to learn to hit RB's in the flat in stride.

Seeing to as we finally starting passing to RB's in the spring game I think B.J. will be fine.

bj daniels got to learn to hit RB's in the flat in stride.

Seeing to as we finally starting passing to RB's in the spring game I think B.J. will be fine.

I agree, he's very coachable, and now we have coaches. It's a harder pass to make than people think.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Drew Brees | #9 | QB  New Orleans Saints | Official Team Site

Height: 6-0  Weight: 209  Age: 31

College: Purdue    Experience: 10th season

I personally think BJ is tall enough.

Drew Brees | #9 | QB  New Orleans Saints | Official Team Site

Height: 6-0   Weight: 209   Age: 31

College: Purdue     Experience: 10th season

I personally think BJ is tall enough.

BJ may be tall enough, but there's no way on Earth that he's 6'1" as he's listed on the roster. I've stood right next to him in Beef's at the Marshall Center. He's got some guns, but he's not 6'1"

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Not the point I'm making.

Have you stood next to Drew Brees? I bet he's not 6'0"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Not the point I'm making.

Have you stood next to Drew Brees? I bet he's not 6'0"

well he measure 6'0 at the NFL Combine. So unless he shrunk I would guess he is 6'0

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bj has a long way too go before he is in same breath as charlie ward

Archived