• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Depth Chart Thursday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

WTF? BJ Daniels to Slot Receiver and Landi back at qb?!??!?!  :o :o :o :o

Just kidding. I'm bored. It's been a long week

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

WTF? BJ Daniels to Slot Receiver and Landi back at qb?!??!?!  :o :o :o :o

wouldn't rule it out

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Too funny.

• Content Count:  720

I honestly wouldn't rule out BJ moving to WR or DB for his Jr and Sr year. I still just don't think that he'll fit into Skip's offense but, he's WAY too much of an athlete to sit on the bench.

• Content Count:  743

I honestly wouldn't rule out BJ moving to WR or DB for his Jr and Sr year. I still just don't think that he'll fit into Skip's offense but, he's WAY too much of an athlete to sit on the bench.

From the way he talks it sounds like Skip is flexible enough to fit his offense around BJ. He's stated how he's had to run offenses different ways to highlight the strengths and hide weaknesses. BJ's athleticism is a huge strength so I wouldn't think that he won't get a chance to use it.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

BJ running around significantly less is a smokescreen. He'll use his feet just as much as last year. They'll just be deliberate qb run plays and not scrambling around like an idiot or horrific qb reads.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

BJ running around significantly less is a smokescreen. He'll use his feet just as much as last year. They'll just be deliberate qb run plays and not scrambling around like an idiot or horrific qb reads.

I'm pretty sure that you are dead wrong. With our lack of depth at QB I would be greatly surprised if BJ has many (or any) called runs this year. Coach Holtz believes that you have RB's for a reason. There may be some called roll outs and the such to alleviate the height "problem" that BJ has as a pocket QB. Called runs between the tackles, yes not so much. Prior to recruiting players that fit your system, you alter your offense to fit the players at you have, but you don't abandon your entire offensive system.

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Does anyone else want to see some explosive special teams play on punt and kick returns this year? This is definitely a way to get us over the hump. All this freaking speed and no good return guys since JR. I'm talking explosive guys like JR that could put points on the board. I'm not sure they even run punts and kick offs in the spring game but I'd really like to see this aspect of the team improve.

• Content Count:  3,802

I'm pretty sure that you are dead wrong. With our lack of depth at QB I would be greatly surprised if BJ has many (or any) called runs this year. Coach Holtz believes that you have RB's for a reason. There may be some called roll outs and the such to alleviate the height "problem" that BJ has as a pocket QB. Called runs between the tackles, yes not so much. Prior to recruiting players that fit your system, you alter your offense to fit the players at you have, but you don't abandon your entire offensive system.

Yeah, this is my thinking too. To think a new coach is going to come in, lay down what he wants to do preseason as a smokescreen, lol, too funny. Now, it may be what Great 8 wants to see.

It is definitely NOT what I want to see. I want nothing more to see BJ be a capable passer and have a couple of capable RB's next to him to carry the ball. I believe this is what Skip wants as well and is trying to accomplish. (Perhaps 'smokescreen' was an inappropriate word to use.)

Sadly, I don't expect BJ to be a proficient passer yet, nor do I think we've got an every down back; unless Hayes immediately impresses.

When it comes down to losing many games or having your QB do some designed runs your QB is going to do designed runs. The position was just as weak last year yet BJ did an absurd amount with his feet. I know some will blame this on coaching, yet some if it was, and will continue to be, out of necessity.

Just my opinion.

Archived