Court Side Cabanna is catching on

flsportsfan83

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,143
  • Days Won:  109

At the Seton Hall game I estimated about 50 - 60 people in the cabana area.  Looked to be more than that for today's game based on what I saw on TV.  We paid $25 for our tickets for Seton Hall.  Throw in some waters and doughnuts and we spent about $12/person on food and drink.  For another $8 we could have had dinner, beer, wine, etc.  May do it once this season.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Even though i don't like the loss of student seats...

This is what they need to do to fill the place up... ADVERTISE.

I haven't heard too much about the free stuff besides this forum.  No billboards or TV ads.

We have a competitive team now.  If people know about the free beer and wine alone (not even the food part,)

it will start selling.

BTW... i think to make up the loss of student's seats... they need to move the visitor section to the 2nd level, and open up the section behind the opposition to the students.  Make it one mass section.. and imagine the noise behind their bench.  If this is done and the cabana stays and starts selling out... I'll be happy

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

I think the BigEast policy states that the home team has to reserve 40 seats behing the visitor's bench for the visitors.

On TV, however, it looked like the old student section next to the band was filled with Pitt fans.  If the Cabana policy is open to all, expect those seats to already be gone to UCONN fans and others visiting fans every year. 40 bucks won't even get you in the door at Freedom Hall, and that's in Louisville!  Money won't be an issue to Georgetown, Villanova, etc, where many fans/alumni already donate thousands to USF just to be able to purchase tourney tix.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

There isn't a better deal in USF athletics than the Courtside Cabana...$45 to get your inner fatty and alcoholic on?

C'mon now..

Maybe the Beef Duds have been hanging out there pre-game this season; leading to their "winter coats" they have been sporting recently...

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

what types of food do they have?

• Content Count:  356

Even though i don't like the loss of student seats...

This is what they need to do to fill the place up... ADVERTISE.

I haven't heard too much about the free stuff besides this forum.  No billboards or TV ads.

We have a competitive team now.  If people know about the free beer and wine alone (not even the food part,)

it will start selling.

BTW... i think to make up the loss of student's seats... they need to move the visitor section to the 2nd level, and open up the section behind the opposition to the students.  Make it one mass section.. and imagine the noise behind their bench.  If this is done and the cabana stays and starts selling out... I'll be happy

Why do I suddenly get the urge to pen a jaunty Barry Manilow-esque theme song ?

• Content Count:  2,726

I think the BigEast policy states that the home team has to reserve 40 seats behing the visitor's bench for the visitors.

On TV, however, it looked like the old student section next to the band was filled with Pitt fans.  If the Cabana policy is open to all, expect those seats to already be gone to UCONN fans and others visiting fans every year. 40 bucks won't even get you in the door at Freedom Hall, and that's in Louisville!  Money won't be an issue to Georgetown, Villanova, etc, where many fans/alumni already donate thousands to USF just to be able to purchase tourney tix.

Thank You.

Look, the idea is great.  We get it.  But it should be somewhere ELSE!  lol

Thats all i'm asking for here. 

Its not evil...its EVIL because they abandoned all of those student seats next to the BAND!!!

The students should always be next to the band. 

Its just lame to have visiting fans taking over the LOWER lever as well as the UPPER level sometimes.

Just a tad...

Now...if they open up SEASON tickets in that section...then I'm all over it.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

Thank You.

Its not evil...its EVIL because they abandoned all of those student seats next to the BAND!!!

Its just lame to have visiting fans taking over the LOWER lever as well as the UPPER level sometimes.

Just a tad...

GO BULLS!!!

get over it... it is all about dollars and cents....

once it looses its appeal and people stop paying for it, USF will pull the plug.

• Content Count:  2,726

Thank You.

Just a tad...

GO BULLS!!!

get over it... it is all about dollars and cents....

once it looses its appeal and people stop paying for it, USF will pull the plug.

I know...i just thought we had a few more people that cared more about pride over $$$. 

But I guess in this day and age...thats not the case. 

Why can't they just make money in another part of the DOME?!?!?

Regardless...I'll be out of town for the rest of the season on business...so whatever I say, i guess, is just hot air. 

Whatever...

We'll see what happens. 

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  12,293

lets see....you complain about the cabana like it is physically cause you harm...however it turns out to be pretty popular just took some time...

so now you complain that there are visitor fans sitting behind the visitors bench.

you are aware that there is an ENTIRE section of RayJay that is dedicated to the visiting fans and it is lower bowl.

Archived