Notre Dame turns down Big10... Rutgers is now on deck?

Cow Pie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Apparently the Big 10 is not wasting any time and has already approached Notre Dame with an offer to join the Big 10 and Notre Dame immediatly shot them down without blinking an eye... ESPN (radio) is reporting that the Big 10 has sent rep's to Rutgers, Syracuse and Mizzou... apparently the Big 10 has sent a special group to St. Pete (according to ESPN radio) down to the St. Pete Bowl to talk with the Rutgers President who is in town for the bowl.

The Big 10 obviously wants this done now before recuiting gets in full swing which may be a bad thing for the Big East... i don't see Mizzou giving up its seat at the Big12 dinner table but I do see Rutgers or Syracuse giving its seat in the weak Big East dinner table.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/17/irish-to-big-ten-dont-even-bother/

Irish to Big Ten: 'Don't even bother'

Posted by John Taylor on December 17, 2009 7:46 PM ET

If the Big Ten had their druthers, Notre Dame would come busting through their office doors packing a bouquet of roses in one hand and a ring in the other, drop to one knee, and promise their undying and eternal conference love.

If the Irish had their druthers, they'd hope for the Midwest harlot to leave them alone and stop drunk sexting them at 2:30 in the morning.

At least, that's the way it comes off as Notre Dame, a couple of days after the Big Ten announced it would once again take a look at expansion, has issued a statement once again pledging their allegiance to the flag of independence.

The Big Ten was left at the altar in 1999 by the Irish, but that likely won't sway the powers-that-be this time around as it's widely believed the conference will make another run at the South Bend school.  Based on the above-mentioned statement, the league might want to consider doing something a little more constructive with the time they would spend chasing the Irish.  Like voluntarily ramming their head into a brick wall.  Repeatedly.

"Our strong preference is to remain the way we are," athletic director Jack Swarbrick said in a release from the university. "Independence is a big part of the tradition of the program and our identity. We'd sure like to try to maintain it.

"All of this has a lot more to do with our priorities than it does with business issues. Our independence is tied up in a lot of the rivalries we have. We play Navy every year and have the tradition of USC weekends. Frankly, it works pretty well to play USC in October at home and in November at their place.

"The question that any school faces, not just Notre Dame, is: Does this start the dominoes falling again, like the last round of reconfiguration? It's less about our willingness to enter into discussions than what happens to the industry. What are the implications?"

Sooo, you're saying there's a chance?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

If the Irish had their druthers, they'd hope for the Midwest harlot to leave them alone and <b>stop drunk sexting</b> them at 2:30 in the morning.

Maybe I'm just oversensitized to the media after the last week or so, but does that really say what it does?  Typo?  Freudian slip?  Legit new Twitter slang?

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

If the Irish had their druthers, they'd hope for the Midwest harlot to leave them alone and <b>stop drunk sexting</b> them at 2:30 in the morning.

Maybe I'm just oversensitized to the media after the last week or so, but does that really say what it does?  Typo?  Freudian slip?  Legit new Twitter slang?

just a term for provacative texting...

you can probly get a better definition from urbandictionary

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

I don't mind Rutgers going, but am apprehensive about its replacement.  Syracuse would be a bigger loss, in my opinion.

• Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

And when all is said and done the BULLS will suit-up and play football in September.

October is still in question...

ill be pissed if we lose any teams...

unless it creates an expansion and a championship game.

• Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

Hmmm....

<b>sexting</b>:  a term created by the media referring to sending sexually explicit text messages. the term is used by adults who are out of the loop, and not by the individuals actually sending the messages.

"In other news, teens in Hicktown, PA were caught 'sexting' in class, and were promptly reported to local authorities as well as their parents."

http://sexting.urbanup.com/3620717

Big East needs to be proactive this time to prevent another raid.  Villanova might be a good take from FCS.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

ugh...rutgirls in the BIG TEN?!?!?!

REALLY?!?!?!

Ugh...terrible.

GO BULLS!!!