• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another nail in the Brett MCDuemig coffin

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/12/usf-player-on-twitter-miller-incident-was-overblown.html

USF player on Twitter: Miller incident was 'overblown'

One thing glaringly missing from four days of updates on the allegations against USF coach Jim Leavitt has been any public comment from someone else in the locker room during halftime of the Bulls' Nov. 21 game against Louisville.

Leavitt is accused by sources in a story from AOL sports site Fanhouse.com of grabbing walk-on running back Joel Miller by the throat and hitting him twice in the face, an allegation that the coach and now the player have since said is not true.

Now, we can report another perspective on the incident, from USF sophomore safety Jerrell Young, who wrote about the allegations on his Twitter.com page Monday night, hours after the Fanhouse story first appeared.

"This is crazy this thing is being over blowen by the same person that say all of us(usf football players) were thugs a few years ago," Young wrote Monday night.

Later: "it was a motivation talk it was nothing personal. gotta take coaching," he wrote.

Another tweet: "and for this dude to say the players are turning on the coaches. naw i love my coach and all my coaches for that matter." And "they care for us and will go to bat for all of us in a time of need this is my second family and i take it personal when we get talk down."

Young's Twitter account is public, but had only nine followers Monday, including Times reporter Greg Auman. Monday's posts were his first on Twitter in more than three months. Young was reached by phone by the Times Wednesday night but declined to comment.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/12/usf-player-on-twitter-miller-incident-was-overblown.html

USF player on Twitter: Miller incident was 'overblown'

One thing glaringly missing from four days of updates on the allegations against USF coach Jim Leavitt has been any public comment from someone else in the locker room during halftime of the Bulls' Nov. 21 game against Louisville.

Leavitt is accused by sources in a story from AOL sports site Fanhouse.com of grabbing walk-on running back Joel Miller by the throat and hitting him twice in the face, an allegation that the coach and now the player have since said is not true.

Now, we can report another perspective on the incident, from USF sophomore safety Jerrell Young, who wrote about the allegations on his Twitter.com page Monday night, hours after the Fanhouse story first appeared.

"This is crazy this thing is being over blowen by the same person that say all of us(usf football players) were thugs a few years ago," Young wrote Monday night.

Later: "it was a motivation talk it was nothing personal. gotta take coaching," he wrote.

Another tweet: "and for this dude to say the players are turning on the coaches. naw i love my coach and all my coaches for that matter." And "they care for us and will go to bat for all of us in a time of need this is my second family and i take it personal when we get talk down."

Young's Twitter account is public, but had only nine followers Monday, including Times reporter Greg Auman. Monday's posts were his first on Twitter in more than three months. Young was reached by phone by the Times Wednesday night but declined to comment.

Grammar/spelling/punctuation aside... It is good to hear from someone other than those involved in the incident. Especially since it was out there before Joel's interview with ESPN and agrees with what he is on record stating happened.

• Content Count:  2,726

brutal.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  37,652
  • Days Won:  29

ive been waitin to hear from another player.....glad to hear its good news

Agree !

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cant wait for a an official report

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

What, so you can be disappointed that CJL isn't getting fired and there was nothing that happened.

Go back into your little cave in LA.

• Content Count:  136

Here's what I can imagine happened IMO:

Joel was having a bad game/day since his grandfather had just passed. CJL notices his play is down and he seems out of it (Joel and his dad have admitted to this) and tries to get him going (just about everyone played like sh!t the 1st half of that game). Joel complains to dad/HS coach about CJL "getting on him". Dad's not too happy CJL got on his kid especially since he was playing with a heavy heart and is pissed. He over exaggerates the story. McMurphy, as he usually does, tries to attack USF/CJL and embellishes some more and misquotes the father/uses his words out of context. As the story blows up and the Miller's have calmed down from their initial reactions, they realize the ramifications of what is happening and are doing their best to fix the situation (dad and Joel's interviews). Hopefully the investigation puts this to bed.

AGAIN, this is MY opinion.

• Content Count:  37,652
  • Days Won:  29

What, so you can be disappointed that CJL isn't getting fired and there was nothing that happened.

Go back into your little cave in LA.

Like there's any doubt that Leavitt didn't do anything.

Deumig and some thinking it's a consipiracy.

Seriously, why would they lie ? What could Leavitt do ?

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I like how dicks like GUI-meg play the conspiracy card for crazy **** like this but in all other cases only nuts believe in conspiracy's... its the height of hypocrisy.

Archived