• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think that 4,193 is a pretty good number considering..

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,408
  • Days Won:  471

Not bad...last year home opener was 3,523 (SMU).

Keep playing well, and dare I say we get a little excitement back into the Dome?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

We need to get the students more vocal, that's for sure. My roommate's from NY and said his high school basketball games had a better atmosphere......ouch......

• Content Count:  16,693
  • Days Won:  45

A lot of people take some time to get into basketball mode as they are really into football right now. Also, what day of the week was the SMU game on last year? Early week night games have been a problem with attendence at basketball games. 

• Content Count:  145

We need to get the students more vocal, that's for sure. My roommate's from NY and said his high school basketball games had a better atmosphere......ouch......

It's not like they've had 20 win seasons to generate that excitement.  More wins like last night and they will get more to show.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,707
  • Days Won:  6

Really enjoyed the game - team looks great, controlling flow of the game well - things are starting to pan out.  Not to be a downer, but there is no way there were more than 3,000 there last night.  Level 1 was about 2/3 full including a fairly quiet student section.  I hope the actual attendance and energy level increases in the stands as we win more games.

• Content Count:  809

Really enjoyed the game - team looks great, controlling flow of the game well - things are starting to pan out.  Not to be a downer, but there is no way there were more than 3,000 there last night.  Level 1 was about 2/3 full including a fairly quiet student section.  I hope the actual attendance and energy level increases in the stands as we win more games.

Well, 50 of those accounted for in that announced number are the pep band.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,178
  • Days Won:  429

The crowd size was embarrassing for a Big East/ACC matchup ...

• Content Count:  17

+1.  I think we have the pics to prove it too.  3000 is pushing it.  What do you expect after the spectacular seasons we have had over the past few years.  Team looked good last night, something I haven't been able to say in LONG time.....  Stan is definitely earning his paycheck.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,408
  • Days Won:  471

Wow, sad to hear the numbers weren't good at all.  I got to watch about 1 minute live on TV - watching the rest today.  When I saw a number in the 4 thousands I was elated...

• Content Count:  17

Wow, sad to hear the numbers weren't good at all.  I got to watch about 1 minute live on TV - watching the rest today.  When I saw a number in the 4 thousands I was elated...

We were extremely disappointed to see such a small crowd in the Sun Dome. I won't kid you... this is my first game back in over 9 years, and I can't remember a game where the seats looked this empty when I was in school. If I could drive 2 hours on a monday night to see the Bulls play, the AD could have garnered a larger student crowd. Plenty of life on campus as there were what appeared to be flag football games going on in the IM fields, but no one seemed interested in going to the game.  Go figure.....  When the team gets a few more wins under their belt, people will hopefully start showing more interest in the team that has earned it.

Archived