• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the Big East Champion have a shot at the national title this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

whoever it may be, with the way that the big east is this year, will any of our teams make it to the big game if they run the table?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

I think we could be 12-0 and then take on BYU in the sugar or orange bowl

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Realistically, only if it is us, we go undefeated, and get a lot of help like last year when #2s were falling like rocks.

• Content Count:  1,260

If undefeated: yes.

• Content Count:  260

I think it depends on how USF performs the rest of the way - any more underachievements like FIU, being 12-0 may not be enough.  Also, although I believe if you guys are undefeated, you should probably get the nod (depending of course on who else is undefeated, i.e., if Georgia & USC run the table, no one is getting ahead of them), I don't think you guys will get the national respect, and a one loss team would probably get the title game ahead of you.  I'm not saying you guys wouldnt deserve it, I am saying you'll probably get screwed in that situation, since you're the new kids on the block.

also - even if they're undefeated, I dont think UConn would get serious consideration or would even be a top 3 team.  I think USF is the only BE team at this point that would get serious consideration if they are undefeated.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I think it depends on how USF performs the rest of the way - any more underachievements like FIU, being 12-0 may not be enough.  Also, although I believe if you guys are undefeated, you should probably get the nod (depending of course on who else is undefeated, i.e., if Georgia & USC run the table, no one is getting ahead of them), I don't think you guys will get the national respect, and a one loss team would probably get the title game ahead of you.  I'm not saying you guys wouldnt deserve it, I am saying you'll probably get screwed in that situation, since you're the new kids on the block.

also - even if they're undefeated, I dont think UConn would get serious consideration or would even be a top 3 team.  I think USF is the only BE team at this point that would get serious consideration if they are undefeated.

Agreed... it would take us being undefeated with almost perfection in our play, in addition to the fall of some big teams.

At this point... doesn't seem very realistic.  We can hope for it, but we need to take it a game at a time and win the Big East and let the cards fall as they may.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I just want to win the Big East first.

• Content Count:  2,661

USF and UConn are the only candidates right now, and neither school is in a position to be thinking in national championship terms.

A Big East title and an Orange or Sugar Bowl trip would be a huge accomplishment for either school right now.

And could I just point out that it took the mighty Gators 58 years to win their first unrevoked conference title, and 32 years (starting from SEC membership) to make their first Sugar Bowl trip?

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

whoever it may be, with the way that the big east is this year, will any of our teams make it to the big game if they run the table?

not a chance with such a bad SOS

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

I just want to win the Big East first.

bulls need to win saturday

Archived