• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post-game thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I didn't want to come on here and read anything right after the game... I had a little time to digest what actually happened. Let me begin:

1. Our o-line played like trash IMO... The guys on our O-LINE are (or at least should be) WAY better than a FIU D-Line.how do we mess up short yardage plays against FIU... We have just flat out better athletes... We should have been pushing around their D-LINE like rag dolls.

2. Our D was decent... We should have had WAY more sacks and way more tackles for loss. Nice to see buie have a better day... I wonder how the game would have shaken out if their 2nd QB was in the entire game.

3.  I absolutely hate how we use our running backs. If we are going to have a running back by committee deal then pick 3 of them and go.

4. The passing game was terrible. Carlton Mitchell can't catch the football. Why isnt A.J. Love and Taurus Johnson on the field on EVERY down? They are our clear cut 2 best receivers and throw Hester/bogan in the slot.

5. Injuries... terrible... I feel horrible for mompremier... I  hope he is okay... He is a leader on defense and is a great player. Lets assume he cant play for AT LEAST a few weeks... that is a huge loss. After he went down, joseph came in... I noticed one play he was out of positions and t-mac grabbed him and had to throw him to his proper spot. then selvie, doesn't look too too serious but if we dont have george at 100% that is a monumental loss for our defense. McClain was also damaged.

6. Running backs holding onto the ball: Leavitt should make them walk around campus holding a football. Or glue them to their hands... I don't care if they are down just hold onto the rock, dont even let the play be questioned.

On a positive note: it was nice to see ford and williams back in action.

Final Note: Elite teams don't 17-9 the worst D1 team in the land. I don't care how fired up FIU is... we have a different class of athlete. Hate to say this.... but... it was an embarrassing win...

but... I'll take it...

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

It was pretty **** ugly, but a win is a win...    God I hope we play better next week.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Our offense when we need to pick up 1 yard on a 3rd/4th and short in a clutch situation almost worries me more than needing Delbert to drill a 30 yard field goal to win the game

Our offense when we need to pick up 1 yard on a 3rd/4th and short in a clutch situation almost worries me more than needing Delbert to drill a 30 yard field goal to win the game

i almost broke down when i thought bonani was hurt...

how do we let so many field goals get blocked...

Guest JulmisteForPrez

QB -- A+

RB -- A+

WR -- A+

TE -- A+

OL -- A+

DL -- A+

LB -- A+

DB -- A+

Special Teams -- A+

Coaching -- A+

Why are you guys so negative??

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I believe every blocked kick this season has come from the outside. #94 was beat badly on the blocked kick tonight. Hope this problem can be fixed.

I believe every blocked kick this season has come from the outside. #94 was beat badly on the blocked kick tonight. Hope this problem can be fixed.

i have sort of noticed that the ends of the line on field goals just try to push away their defender with one hand instead of blocking them...

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't want to come on here and read anything right after the game... I had a little time to digest what actually happened. Let me begin:

1. Our o-line played like trash IMO... The guys on our O-LINE are (or at least should be) WAY better than a FIU D-Line.how do we mess up short yardage plays against FIU... We have just flat out better athletes... We should have been pushing around their D-LINE like rag dolls.

seems like they were playing good.  Grothe had so much time that on many plays he didnt have any urgency to throw the ball.  I think grothe was way to complacent in the pocket

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

From Greg's blog.. I think Leavitt's quote about sums up my feelings

"We played about as bad as we can play. I really don’t see how we could play worse," Leavitt said. "We won a ballgame, but we’re not real happy about it. It was pretty disgusting. … We made every mistake you could possibly make."

AND

"We played about as bad as we can play. I really don’t see how we could play worse," Leavitt said. "We won a ballgame, but we’re not real happy about it. It was pretty disgusting. … We made every mistake you could possibly make."

seems like they were playing good.  Grothe had so much time that on many plays he didnt have any urgency to throw the ball.  I think grothe was way to complacent in the pocket

they were respectable in pass protection... i was mainly angry about the 3rd and shot 4th and short performances.

Archived