• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs BYU - Fiesta Bowl Prediction

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That'd be sweet.  if I had a choice I'd rather play a more storied program, but I'll certainly take any BCS game/match-up I could.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,487
  • Days Won:  13

That'd be sweet.  if I had a choice I'd rather play a more storied program, but I'll certainly take any BCS game/match-up I could.

BYU has some pretty good History

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe I should have said tradition.  You know what I meant.  Give me an Oklahoma, or a Florida.  I don't want to play some second-rate non-BCS school.  If we win we should have and if we lose it looks very bad.  I don't think USF would have recovered it's image as fast as Oklahoma did after the Boise State game.

All that said, if it were happening then bring on BYU!!!!

We should really schedule a BYU, Fresno State, or Boise State game.  It would be pretty fun to watch.

• Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe I should have said tradition.  You know what I meant.  Give me an Oklahoma, or a Florida.  I don't want to play some second-rate non-BCS school.  If we win we should have and if we lose it looks very bad.  I don't think USF would have recovered it's image as fast as Oklahoma did after the Boise State game.

We should really schedule a BYU, Fresno State, or Boise State game.  It would be pretty fun to watch.

I'd go to Boise State just to see that sick blue field. I can't imagine playing on that thing...it must make you sick just staring at all the blue.

• Content Count:  7,890

I'd go to Boise State just to see that sick blue field. I can't imagine playing on that thing...it must make you sick just staring at all the blue.

I’ve heard that they have problems with birds flying into the turf thinking its water and dieing

• Content Count:  5,241

Id love to play BYU just for the mormon insults I could hurl

...to mormon usf fans, I apologize

I’ve heard that they have problems with birds flying into the turf thinking its water and dieing

my bad I think its a myth

[edit] Blue turf myths

There are many myths about the blue turf. Two of the most prevalent are:

There is an NCAA rule banning turf colors other than green, but BSU's field is allowed to remain blue under a grandfather clause.

The NCAA has no such rule; any school may paint its field any color other than green if it wishes. Though painting the end zones is common, and schools have wide latitude in how to do so (for example, Neyland Stadium has its end zones painted in its distinctive orange and white checkerboard scheme), only BSU has chosen a non-green color for the field itself.

Mistaking it for water, birds have flown into the blue turf.

This has never been confirmed. In 2007, Broncos coach Chris Petersen claimed to have found a dead duck on the field, though it is unclear whether or not the duck had mistaken the turf for water.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronco_Stadium#Blue_turf_myths

• Content Count:  1,477

"Who's gonna win? south florida they simply have too much speed" - Ricky Bobby

"Who's gonna win? south florida they simply have too much speed" - Ricky Bobby

I whata go fast