• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Competition at the Kicker Position

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

Will he be playing this fall?

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

with current kicker there will always be competition

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Personally, I think this kid would have to screw up pretty bad to NOT be kicking this season.  He is a natural kicker who has a BOOT.  Alvarado is a great punter, but remember he was pretty much FORCED into kicking duty.  Now he can go back to what he naturally does.

But I think I remember hearing one of the newcoming kickers (Bonani or Kann)  will be greyshirting..... or maybe it was Andreas Shields.  I dont know.

• Content Count:  12,293

competition is the best word for college football.  i would love to see the tampa tribune publish an article on how much competition matt grothe is facing this year for the starting position.  and that is nothing against matt...its just that we need to get to that point that unless you are a future NFL draft pick you have someone behind you who is better....

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

competition is the best word for college football.  i would love to see the tampa tribune publish an article on how much competition matt grothe is facing this year for the starting position.  and that is nothing against matt...its just that we need to get to that point that unless you are a future NFL draft pick you have someone behind you who is better....

There may be someone behind him who is "better," but he will be a true freshman this year.

• Content Count:  12,293

Matt Grothe is who i want QBin this team this year and next year.  I like how he plays.  I did not like how Ronnie Banks or Pat J played it.  So that is different.  Matt was a major talent that we got at a minor price.

Matt kinda put us on the map...and I went to games when blackwell played but its a different game.

Matt is and will be our first great COLLEGE QB

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Will he be playing this fall?

God I hope so. I dont want to get started on Alvarado, but he needs to just stick to punting. This kid looks legit.

• Content Count:  3,574

He needs to work on his flexibility.  His kicking leg follow through needs to be extended more to provide more height (especially kicking off the ground).  Also, flexibility is instrumental during kickoffs (and keep that head down).

He also needs to eliminate that stutter step that he showed a few times when he starts to approach the ball.  Those kicks will be blocked in the next level.

He shows great power, but it would be nice to work on the flexibility (yoga would help).

• Content Count:  1,777

Matt Grothe is who i want QBin this team this year and next year.  I like how he plays.  I did not like how Ronnie Banks or Pat J played it.  So that is different.  Matt was a major talent that we got at a minor price.

Matt kinda put us on the map...and I went to games when blackwell played but its a different game.

Matt is and will be our first great COLLEGE QB

I disagree Marquel Blackwell was and always will be USF first great college QB

Archived