• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Competition at the Kicker Position

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

If this kid looks good at practice and the coaches feel good about him - let's just say it can't really be a step down. 

Alvarado is an awesome punter and maybe he should stay there.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Competition?  Just by watching a practice video he should win the starting job.

Im sick of closing my eyes everytime Delbert comes in for a kick, even if its a chip shot. 

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

He looks good for almost always having somebody about to block a kick.

He should beat out Alvarado.

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

If you watch Alvarado in warmups...he consistently makes 45-50 yarders. But when it gets into a game situation, it's tougher for him.

This kid has the leg, and hopefully can perform under pressure.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

May the better kicker win the position.  I trust CJL will start the one that deserves it. 

• Content Count:  4,501

Bonani is an outstanding kicker.  I have posted on here before about how good he is.  I've seen him in like 3 HS games and is the best HS kicker I have ever seen(haven't seen alot though).  The kid just fails to notice any pressure and his kicks tend to be right on the money.  I think he will be our FG kicker if not by the first game soon thereafter.  I like Delbert and he will continue to be an outstanding punter and we will have depth at the kicking position for the first time in awhile. 

You are kidding about YOGA - right ?  he has good technique already.  You don't want to screw much with kickers and their form - It is like golf - a pretty swing doesn't always make a good golf shot.

• Content Count:  12,293

you guys forgetting that Alvardo holds a big east record for kicking FGs?

he needs help on the short angled kicks but from long distance he can bring the thunder

• Content Count:  1,254

May the better kicker win the position.  I trust CJL will start the one that deserves it. 

I don't. CJL has a knack for sticking with the same guys. Alvarado should have been long gone last year. That Auburn game should not have even been close.

Was Bonani kicking off a tee or the ground in that video?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I wonder how may other top 30 programs have highlights of a kicker on their forums.

I like Delbert, and he did a heck of a job punting last year, seriously, he had some really good, and clutch punts. But, he isn't a kicker. Hopefully this kid is the answer. The other freshman coming in is supposed to be pretty good also isn't he?

Archived