• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Mention - "SEC To Lower Admission Standards"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I'd like to slap Nick Satan with a live, oily fish.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

LOL

Does the Big East allow non-qualifiers?  I thought we were losing recruits to C-USA because we didn't allow non-qualifiers.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

How can you slap him with himself?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

You’ve gotta give Saban sp? (Satan?) credit.  His unsubstantiated crack at USF gave him what he wanted.

On the surface he was taking a shot at USF, but beneath the surface he was jealous.  After watching USF in the running for a lot of Auburn, Alabama, and South Carolina kids this is what they do.  We weren't stealing non-qualifiers from them.  We were stealing qualifiers.  It'll be interesting to see how this works out for USF.  I hope it doesn't have an impact.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

LOL

Does the Big East allow non-qualifiers?  I thought we were losing recruits to C-USA because we didn't allow non-qualifiers.

I believe you are correct that the BE does not accept partial qualifiers. Buie came in when we were still in CUSA.

• Content Count:  291

LOL

If they do i think it's 1 a year or w/e, but if i had to guess i would lean towards no.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

GOOD MOVE BY seC

• Content Count:  1,797

Please tell me that you are not taking this spoof piece seriously.  Did y'all get your degrees at CFU CC?  Senator Blutarski?  Get real people.  Good gracious.

Normal

• Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Please tell me that you are not taking this spoof piece seriously.  Did y'all get your degrees at CFU CC?  Senator Blutarski?  Get real people.  Good gracious.

Normal

Normal,

I did some more digging and this is what I found on the SEC website...

14.5.4.2 Partial and Non-qualifiers.

A partial or non-qualifier, who initially enrolls at a two-year college (junior

college) and transfers to an SEC member institution, shall not be eligible for financial aid, practice or competition unless

the following requirements have been met:  [Revised 6/3/93]

(a) Graduated with an Associate or equivalent degree in an academic, rather than a vocational, curriculum (see

NCAA Bylaw 14.5.4.5.4); [Revised 6/3/05]

(B) Completed satisfactorily a minimum of 48 semester or 72 quarter hours with a cumulative grade point average

of 2.00 of transferable degree credit accepted toward any baccalaureate degree program at the certifying

institution;

©  Attended the two-year college that granted the Associate of Arts degree as a full-time student for the last three

semesters or four quarters immediately prior to graduation from the institution granting the two-year degree

(excluding summer terms);  [Revised 6/1/02]

(d) Earned at least six credit hours of transferable English with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00

in these credit hours (Effective August 1, 2008; for student-athletes first enrolling at an SEC institution on or

after August 1, 2008 correspondence, extension and distance learning courses may not be used to fulfill this

requirement); and [Revised 6/5/99 effective August 1, 1999 for student-athletes first entering a SEC institution

on or after Fall semester/quarter; Revised 6/1/2007]

(e) Earned at least three credit hours of transferable math with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00

in these credit hours (Effective August 1, 2008; for student-athletes first enrolling at an SEC institution on or

after August 1, 2008 correspondence, extension and distance learning courses may not be used to fulfill this

requirement).  [Revised 6/1/02 effective June 1, 2003; Revised 6/1/2007]

http://www.secsports.com/local/compliance/bylaw_14.pdf

I'm not claiming to know what the SEC's rules concerning Partial and Non-Qualifiers was originally, is 2.00 lower than what it was? I honestly don't know if by not allowing correspondence, extension and distance learning courses if the standards are being raised or lowered. Maybe someone with knowledge of this wouldn't mind chiming in. However, I am willing to suggest that the article linked at the top of the discussion was onto something if there are, in fact revised standards effective August 1st.

I apologize in advance if I am wrong about this.

Archived