Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah because, all us dorks posting here are making USF vs UCF a HUGE rivalry!  ::)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFMikeB

• USFreak

• Triple B

• Knight_Light

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Yeah because, all us dorks posting here are making USF vs UCF a HUGE rivalry!  ::)

No...maybe its all the people that went to the UCF/USF Game, which had 13,000 more people attend that game than USF's first ever BCS Big East Home Game....and it was against #9 Louisville (you know, USF's REAL rival! LOL!!)

No...thankfully, dorks like yourself have ZERO impact on the UCF/USF Game success.

KL

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132

No...thankfully, dorks like yourself have ZERO impact on the UCF/USF Game success

right back at you buddy, oh yeah, your crowd was talking a lot of smack until we handed your ass and everyone left, that's your student section. Next time they'll learn NOT to come to the game to save face!

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

KL

I am a USF season ticket holder (8) and alumni and I have never been to UCF board. what keeps this post going is the way you guys monitor our board like sad puppies and jump in when UCF is mentioned. I have been to UL, Pitt, WVU board many times. This rivalry thing with UCF is only in your eyes. If you guys get into BE I will pay attention until then beat Tulsa and be a rival with them.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

I one of those defending it why it's not, what am I suppose to do? Let people on this board tell me I'm suppose to hate UCF?  Again, this thread is about a supposed rivalry with UCF, it's not a rivalry thread that you would read on a UF vs FSU or Miami vs FSU.

It's not merely saying something, but it's the implied impression of how badly you don't want it to build.

As many already drawn out, it's a win-win to at least have both teams play each other in football.  The cost of payout is low for both teams(I think 200k each).  The cost of travel is low, which is a big killer during the year.  Also, since it is close, people come out to watch.

Now, USF should be 2-0 and UCF should be 1-1 coming into this game.  Whoever wins this game will get a nice boost heading towards conference play.  Granted, you have 2 more OOC games, but 3-2 at the worst is still halfway to bowl eligibility.

The philosophy of Team A beating Team B and Team B wants to get even is not a signal of a rivalry.  Take UCF/Alabama.  UCF beat Bama during homecoming.  Bama was so pissed that we embarrassed them like that, they don't want to play us again.

You don't need to be all huffy puffy crazy about preventing anything from building, but I think it would be in your school's best interest(until the Big East grows so you don't need so many OOC games) as well as my school's to continue playing and let the fans decide how heated this gets.  There is so much mutual hate between USF and UCF, national media considers us a rival.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Dawg

Alabama losing to UCF did not hurt them in SEC so it did not matter. I feel the schools are rivals for students but in football there will not be true rivalry until we are in same conference. The UCF friends I have including people who work in AD consider your rival to be Marshall now that you finally beat them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

Triple almost makes "you had a USF/UCF tailgate party. To YOU, and those like you, it will seem like a genuine rivalry because of your UCF friends"  sound like a bad thing!

It was not meant as a good or bad thing. It was just to illustrate that in Joe's world the game may be bigger than it is everywhere else because of his UCF connections ....

I see at least 10 regular posters with something dissing UCF in their profile or avatar.

10 regular posters?? List please ...... and regular doesn't mean the majority of their posts are on the Poo Flinging Board.

Yes I was tailgating with a lot of UCF fans, I think about 80% of the USF student population was mixed with UCF fans.

80%?? C'mon, Joe , this is getting ridiculous ....

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,616
  • Days Won:  255

Perhaps a team that is not a mid-major or does not play in a conference we have moved beyond.

This entire thread is almost unbelievable.  A rivalry is not a product of geographic location.  A rivalry is not based on win-loss record.  A rivalry is a result of mutual passion for a game and hatred for the other side.  In other words, exactly what we are exhibiting right now.

Show me a board dedicated to Louisville or a 5 page post about them in the middle of the offseason and maybe I'll start to think of them as a rival.....

Scooby,

This thread is not an exhibiton of UCF hatred. It's an exhibition on how some of us on this board are TRYING to shoove a UCF rivalry down our throats. I have not read one thread about a "rivalry" but, I have read multiple threads about how UCF SHOULD be our rival.  Big difference.

This pretty much is the perfect description of what's happening here ......... MOST UCF fans desperately want it to be a rivalry while only SOME USF fans do. Until it's MOST on both, it's just an interesting little game.