• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

16 for '16: Top prospects from outside Power 5

Members do not see this ad, Register
Guest PCBull14
24 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Anyone ever ask how Houston became such a destination for talent? Why did they shoot up so fast? Anything they're doing that we can be doing?

When you win you get a ton of recognition. 

22 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Anyone ever ask how Houston became such a destination for talent? Why did they shoot up so fast? Anything they're doing that we can be doing?

I would guess keeping kids home hasn't hurt. The City of Houston produces more Division 1 recruits than every city in the country other than Miami (176 players currently on D1 rosters). The University of Houston currently has more of those players on their roster than any other team.

2 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

I would guess keeping kids home hasn't hurt. The City of Houston produces more Division 1 recruits than every city in the country other than Miami (176 players currently on D1 rosters). The University of Houston currently has more of those players on their roster than any other team.

How do we break into that area?  Plucking a few of these kids could help elevate our program.

2 minutes ago, HR Bull said:

How do we break into that area?  Plucking a few of these kids could help elevate our program.

Actually, we should be good doing what we're doing. The last time I checked, Tampa was Top 5 in D1 prospects on current rosters. May have even been Number 3 -- I'm on mobile so I don't have my data in front of me. Regardless, CWT just needs to stay the course. There's so much talent here that he can build a great team without leaving the area. It's one of the reasons the B12 would do well to make inroads into the area.

1 minute ago, TheUpperHand said:

Actually, we should be good doing what we're doing. The last time I checked, Tampa was Top 5 in D1 prospects on current rosters. May have even been Number 3 -- I'm on mobile so I don't have my data in front of me. Regardless, CWT just needs to stay the course. There's so much talent here that he can build a great team without leaving the area. It's one of the reasons the B12 would do well to make inroads into the area.

Not saying to change course, but cherry picking a few of those kids couldn't hurt. I know the area is loaded with talent at the skill positions, but adding some corn feed Texas kids could add some beef in areas we traditionally lack size in.