• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

American Football Team That Will Disappoint

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

Now that our football team is one year removed from being the worst team ever and the whole staff should be fired (according to some at TBP) and now about 6 months away from being national champs (according to some at TBP) I thought I'd throw a different perspective on this raging Bulls fanboy party. Article is about a month old so take it for what its worth. Not in much agreement with it because I too am a member of the Bulls fanboy express but interesting nonetheless. It may have already been a thread but I couldn't find it so delete if necessary

http://campusinsiders.com/news/american-athletic-football-preview-05-13-2016

Edited by cophbulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

I fully agree with you in that I'm a bulls fan boy too. We do have a tough first 4 games but play the **** things first. I know it's a prediction but the author also said d Nichols is our best nfl talent. Clearly he doesn't know much 'bout our mighty Bulls. In conclusion, this article is just filling up cyberspace. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

Also on the fan boy train for this season. And disagree that we will disappoint, but what is wrong with saying Nichols is an NFL talent? I love Marlon Mack, but agree with the writer than Nichols is probably the better NFL player (best USF CB since Mike Jenkins) and don't see how that means he doesn't know about our team. If anything the fact that he named a player other than Marlon Mack shows that he follows us a little more closely than you think.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Some people on this board are going to be in for a shock at draft time. RB's are not generally a highly drafted position. Mack will get drafted, but likely not 2nd round, very very unlikely he goes in the 1st round.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Is Nichols a 1st or 2nd round talent like Jenkins? If not, Mack will go before him.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I love Mack, but RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL these days. He's 6'0" and 205 and probably runs a 4.4 (guessing). We're not talking about an elite physical specimen. He's amazing for us, but he's not blowing up for 2000 yards a year in the AAC. Chalk it up to how he's used, whatever, but to go in the top 2 rounds of the draft in 2016 NFL football, you've got to be better than really good or built fairly solid.

Number of RBs drafted in the first two rounds:

2016 - 2

2015 - 2

2014 - 1

2013 - 2

2012 - 4

If he goes in the first two rounds this year, I'm VERY happy with how our season turned out with us having one of the top 2 RBs in college football.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I agree with his #1 non-con game to take seriously. I don't think NIU can beat us, but I do think we can end up beating ourselves in that one if we don't prepare. LOL CWT being #2 on the hot seat...especially more than Chad Morris or Montgomery. Did this guy really watch any of our games?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

What I like about the article is it's bulletin board material. After all the hype stories, this one can be used to help ground the team. Letting them know there are still doubters out there and that they need to focus and play the games. Articles don't win games.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I just hope that all of our opponents read the article.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Articles don't win games.

But if you think they can somehow be used by the team for motivation they're otherwise lacking, you think it's possible for them to win games.