• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Juice - Preview of 2016 Bulls

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

USF Bulls — 2016 Syracuse Football preview

As we countdown to kickoff in September, we’re going to be doing a team-by-team preview each week over the summer. SU will continue its 2016 non-conference schedule when it hosts USF on Sept. 17.

AAC FAVORITES: There is a buzz about the 2016 USF team that hasn’t been there since the end of Jim Leavitt’s head coaching tenure—and for good reason. The Bulls were one of the hottest teams in college football to close the 2015 season, with South Florida winning seven of its final eight games. The only blip was to a Navy team that would go on to win 11 games. Though the Bulls lost to Western Kentucky in the Miami Beach Bowl, it was still its first bowl appearance since 2010, and USF returns many of its weapons from last season.

WHO TO WATCH FOR: It was a breakout season for junior quarterback Quinton Flowers, who threw for 2296 yards and 22 touchdowns, while rushing for 991 yards and 12 more scores on the ground. Syracuse fans probably don’t need any introduction to Flowers, who ...

Link

BTW, their prediction was 42-31 Bulls win.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Jesus I have been watching too much of the OJ documentary. I had no idea where this post was going. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

LOL

image.jpeg

"You have to be kidding me...."

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The Syracuse game should not be as close as the author predicts, unless The Orange are dramatically improved.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It'll take a few seasons for Babers to get his offense in place. I'd be shocked if the Cuse didn't experience some transition pains next season.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Anytime a team goes from pro-style to a spread in college I always get a little antsy about how the improvement could go. You just never know what gimmicky plays can have success, especially if there isn't that much film on the team. The prediction score wouldn't surprise me for this reason. I can also see them still learning the system with players who don't really fit it and us swarming the ball. Syracuse most likely improves as the year goes on, but not sure if that happens early enough to challenge USF unless they win in a shoot out.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

22 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

The Syracuse game should not be as close as the author predicts, unless The Orange are dramatically improved.

They were good enough last year to rally from a 2 TD deficit, and that was in Tampa when the heat was still on. Don't forget that Syracuse is still in a power conference and the Carrier Dome isn't an easy place to play-just ask LSU, which struggled to beat them there. They will get a good crowd up there. They were bad last year, but they played with us for a while in the second half. It's going to be up to the team to make the plays they need to win. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

They were good enough last year to rally from a 2 TD deficit, and that was in Tampa when the heat was still on. Don't forget that Syracuse is still in a power conference and the Carrier Dome isn't an easy place to play-just ask LSU, which struggled to beat them there. They will get a good crowd up there. They were bad last year, but they played with us for a while in the second half. It's going to be up to the team to make the plays they need to win. 

I agree and it should be a good game a good test on the road in a loud dome for the Bulls.

Should be a great year if they can continue to focus on that week's game.

I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do against FSU.

The Ray J willl berocking again and hopefully we can drown out that chant.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Not sure what being in a power conference has to do with anything... Its basically like saying 'you cant kick my ass, im friends with Jon Jones! The toughest friend you have is Kevin Hart!' See? No relevance. USF will stomp them like we always have

• Upvote 1