• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

Friday Five: Teams that can be this year's College Football Playoff crasher

Friday Five: Teams that can be this year's College Football Playoff crasher

1. South Florida: The Bulls finished with an 8-5 mark, but that record wasn't a great reflection of how the team played. The Bulls were slow out of the gate, starting 1-3 with losses to Florida State, Maryland, and a Memphis team that went on to have a strong season of its own. Another loss came on Halloween on the road against Keenan Reynolds and Navy.

• Upvote 1

Members do not see this ad, Register

If I'm WKU, I'm not sure I know what to think about all this hype for us. #1? Well, okay.

I honestly thought we would have fallen out of the media's investment portfolio by now, but with one strong surge near the end of last season (in the AAC no less) we've made it back to "buy" status and I just feel like it's too soon for our stock to be this inflated. :end metaphor:

9 hours ago, raptorcj said:

If I'm WKU, I'm not sure I know what to think about all this hype for us. #1? Well, okay.

I honestly thought we would have fallen out of the media's investment portfolio by now, but with one strong surge near the end of last season (in the AAC no less) we've made it back to "buy" status and I just feel like it's too soon for our stock to be this inflated. :end metaphor:

Agree, along with some of the reasons mentioned here and in the article. Never winning 10 games, never winning a conference championship, one good season out of the last five... 

BUT!

IF we did win and get in, who would our coach be in 2017?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Agree, along with some of the reasons mentioned here and in the article. Never winning 10 games, never winning a conference championship, one good season out of the last five... 

BUT!

IF we did win and get in, who would our coach be in 2017?

I doubt we get into the dance. If we did, we wouldn't lose CWT, we'd probably be called up to the Power 5 at that point.

11 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Why would WKU think anything?

They beat us and frankly were better than us last year but they had a senior laden team (who have since moved on) and we were loaded with  Sophmores (who are now Juniors).

Based on that we are expected to be better than last year and towards the end, were really very good.

WKU could reload but probably have quite a few more unknowns and thus don't make these lists.

• Upvote 1