Jump to content
  • Join us at The Bulls Pen

    It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

USF at Syracuse Kick Set


Recommended Posts

USF at Syracuse Kick Set

Game to be broadcast on ESPN3

TAMPA, MAY 19, 2016  – The USF football team’s first road game of the 2016 season, Sept. 17 at Syracuse, has been set for a 3:30 p.m. kickoff and will be broadcast on ESPN3, the ACC announced on Thursday.

The match-up at Syracuse’s Carrier Dome in upstate New York is the first of the Bulls’ 12 regular season games in 2016 to have a kick time designated. The match-up with the Orange will be the first of two USF contests vs. ACC opponents in 2016. Florida State visits Raymond James Stadium the following Saturday, Sept. 24.

The Bulls produced 540 yards of offense in downing Syracuse, 45-24, on homecoming in Tampa last season. The victory, in which Marlon Mack ran for 184 yards and two touchdowns and Quinton Flowers threw for 259 yards and two touchdowns, sparked a run of seven victories for USF in its last eight regular season games. At the time, the 45 points marked the most for USF vs. an FBS opponent since 2011. The Bulls’ offense posted five scoring drives of 75 yards or more while the defense recorded 10 tackles for loss and collected three turnovers.

Season tickets and three-game flex plans for the USF’s seven-game 2016 home slate are available by calling 1-800-GoBulls or visiting USFBullsTix.com.

Coming off the program’s first bowl appearance in five years, USF returns school season record holders at quarterback, running back and wide receiver and four all-conference selections. The Bulls return 93 percent of their offensive yards from a record smashing offense that posted school-records of 5,741 yards and 54 offensive touchdowns in 2015. While the Bulls averaged 33.6 points and 441 yards of offense per game, the defense ranked in the top 25 in the nation in interceptions (14th), turnovers gained (24th), and tackles for loss (13th), and in the top 35 of seven statistical categories. The Bulls return seven of their top nine tacklers and players that accounted for 12 of their 17 interceptions and 16 of 25 turnovers gained.

 

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210964698

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm thinking about going up to the Syracuse game, but I'm torn. Mostly because my choices are allegiant (terrible airline) or delta or united (expensive and terrible mileage redemptions). 

I'm probably going to end up watching the game at Temple. Too much family and friends there for it not to make sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I'm thinking about going up to the Syracuse game, but I'm torn. Mostly because my choices are allegiant (terrible airline) or delta or united (expensive and terrible mileage redemptions). 

I'm probably going to end up watching the game at Temple. Too much family and friends there for it not to make sense. 

IMO If it's just because of the airline, I wouldn't let that stop you. Sure, Allegiant is terrible but it's a 2 hour flight. It's just to get there and back. I'm going up to PA to see my family in July and picked Allegiant specifically because it was cheap - less than $200 per person vs $400+ other airlines. I'm just gonna grit my teeth and bear it - I wouldn't be able to afford to go otherwise and the destination is the point of the trip.

It'd be my airline of choice if I had money to go to away games because it's the cheapest. I'd  be trying not to drop a small fortune on the ride and instead budget more for lodging, food, and/or entertainment.

Now, if you've got family near Philadelphia, I'm with you, Temple game all the way. My family is all in Allentown and I'd love to be there to see the smug look on my uncle's face disappear when we wipe the floor with the Owls again this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

IMO If it's just because of the airline, I wouldn't let that stop you. Sure, Allegiant is terrible but it's a 2 hour flight. It's just to get there and back. I'm going up to PA to see my family in July and picked Allegiant specifically because it was cheap - less than $200 per person vs $400+ other airlines. I'm just gonna grit my teeth and bear it - I wouldn't be able to afford to go otherwise and the destination is the point of the trip.

It'd be my airline of choice if I had money to go to away games because it's the cheapest. I'd  be trying not to drop a small fortune on the ride and instead budget more for lodging, food, and/or entertainment.

Now, if you've got family near Philadelphia, I'm with you, Temple game all the way. My family is all in Allentown and I'd love to be there to see the smug look on my uncle's face disappear when we wipe the floor with the Owls again this year.

I'd normally agree with you regarding price, but it's not just the price anymore. Allegiant has regularly been in the news for all the wrong reasons-maintenance and safety issues, landing at the wrong airport, etc. It doesn't escape me either that their CEO ran ValuJet too, and he crashed it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I will be there. Leaving at 6:00am from NH, five hour drive, watch the game, then staying over night. Have not missed a game at Cuse yet and USF has won them all! 

We haven't been to a game at 'cuse yet.  We had tickets for the game up there that was the week after a game at Rutgers - the one where we blew a chip shot field goal or extra point or whatever - and was so p$$d off that we flew home early and blew off the game at the Carrier Dome.  We were planning on this year but decided to do Cinci instead.  May be doing Temple as well since we are from that area and have friends and family up there.  And we are doing the Memphis/SMU quinella again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I'd normally agree with you regarding price, but it's not just the price anymore. Allegiant has regularly been in the news for all the wrong reasons-maintenance and safety issues, landing at the wrong airport, etc. It doesn't escape me either that their CEO ran ValuJet too, and he crashed it. 

Good point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

We haven't been to a game at 'cuse yet.  We had tickets for the game up there that was the week after a game at Rutgers - the one where we blew a chip shot field goal or extra point or whatever - and was so p$$d off that we flew home early and blew off the game at the Carrier Dome.  We were planning on this year but decided to do Cinci instead.  May be doing Temple as well since we are from that area and have friends and family up there.  And we are doing the Memphis/SMU quinella again.

You will like the game in the Dome, at least it is different. USF players walk right by our section to and from their locker room so they have always interacted with us.  The Cuse fans are also nice (there are more old timers/alumni than college kids attending). Temple is about the same driving distance to Cuse for me but I am looking at flying to that game. Right now I can get there for about $175 round trip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.