• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football To Help Build KaBOOM! Playground

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,980
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS 

GoUSFBulls.com

DATE: MAY 19, 2016

Follow @USFFootball On Twitter

Like USF Football on Facebook

USF Football To Help Build KaBOOM! Playground

The third of multiple “Building Up The Bay” community projects the USF Football program has scheduled this spring and summer

TAMPA, MAY 19, 2016 – The USF Football team will join with KaBoom! and other community members on Saturday, May 21 to help build a playground in Copeland Park (E. 109th Ave.) in north Tampa.

The Bulls will be assisting with construction and landscaping in the park from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. KaBOOM! is a national non-profit dedicated to bringing balanced and active play into the daily lives of all kids, particularly those growing up in poverty in America.

USF Head Coach Willie Taggart, a Bay Area native, has stressed his team’s involvement in the Bay Area community since his arrival in 2013. Taggart and the USF football program took that commitment to a higher level this spring with the beginning of the “Building Up The Bay” community program.

“Building Up The Bay” will see Bulls players, coaches and staff involved in community initiatives in local schools, hospitals and neighborhoods. The initiative began with the Bulls visiting several Bay Area elementary schools in March and then visiting pediatric patients at Tampa General Hospital and veterans at the James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital in April.

“The Bay Area is a very special place and home to many of our players, fans, alumni, USF students and supporters,” Taggart said.  “We appreciate everything the Bay Area has given to us and want to do as much as we can with our team to give back and make The Bay a really special place to live, work and grow up.”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Wow this amazing. So here's my question. Things like this in the community, the coaches meet and greets across the Bay Area, and various events CWT is involved in. Are they all events started by Taggart//Everett? It's great to me seeing Taggart wanting to do these camps and booster meet-ups to better the relationship with USF football to the bay area. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I think a lot of it has to do with CWT when it comes es to these community initiatives. He is quick to toat Bay Made and For the Bay type of programs. I honestly think that he brings that Tampa factor that CJL had but Skip could never match. It's probably my Green and Gold goggles but he is from the same cloth as CJL where he loves the Tampa area and will do what it takes to put Tampa on the map. This is his home and he wants to see it prosper much like CJL. Hope that like CJL he sees Tampa and USF as a destination and not a stepping stone and turns down bigger programs as they come calling. 

For what it's worth I see Woodie doing the same thing. These guys are from the area and want to see al aspects of the Bay succeed and prosper. That's what USF needs from a football coach. Those not from the area look at USF as a if I do good better opportunities wil come kind of job.